PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Honda Fit - Red - Single stage paint??

Pages : [1] 2

LSNAutoDetailing
09-10-2015, 05:37 PM
Detailing a red 2013 Honda Fit Sport (purchased new in 2013) today and came to the conclusion that I'm 95% certain it's single stage paint. Hard to believe this day and age, but I was using HD Speed and a LC 5.5" Yellow CCS pad and it turned red. I could use that pad all day long on my red mustang and at the end of the day, it's still yellow...

Anyone have any info regarding this particular car?

builthatch
09-10-2015, 05:40 PM
tinted clear

DogRescuer
09-10-2015, 05:43 PM
tinted clear

Isnt that the same thing??

kevincwelch
09-10-2015, 05:51 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/43347-types-paint-single-stage-paint-tinted-clears-basecoat-clearcoat-embedded-dirt.html

Mittenz
09-10-2015, 05:55 PM
Now while my Honda was painted at a different plant, I don't know why they would use a different system. I did a full detail on mine starting out with an orange pad. Zero paint on my pad.

2014 Civic Si
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=99640

DogRescuer
09-10-2015, 06:07 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/43347-types-paint-single-stage-paint-tinted-clears-basecoat-clearcoat-embedded-dirt.html

Ah I got it thanks

LSNAutoDetailing
09-10-2015, 06:21 PM
Is the purpose of a tinted clear to color adjust the base? Meaning, if they want a different red for this year, they lay the same base but just tint the clear?

builthatch
09-10-2015, 06:41 PM
Now while my Honda was painted at a different plant, I don't know why they would use a different system. I did a full detail on mine starting out with an orange pad. Zero paint on my pad.

2014 Civic Si

different color.

but i do agree and am not sure on the reasoning behind the situation with Milano Red in this day and age.

LSNAutoDetailing
09-10-2015, 08:28 PM
Thanks all, I didn't even consider the tint clear as a factor... My readings on the paint meter were pretty consistent before and after, I was just surprised when I looked at my pads.

I changed out pads often, but was really scratching my head. Paint meter didn't lie!

All is well...

LSNAutoDetailing
09-10-2015, 08:30 PM

2014 Civic Si

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=99640

Nice! Have you seen the 2016 Concept?

Mittenz
09-10-2015, 08:44 PM
Nice! Have you seen the 2016 Concept?Yeah, the 15th is the reveal. Not so sure how the sedan will look though. I really like the coupe concept.

Type R rocks of course. I hope to drive one someday.

builthatch
09-10-2015, 09:12 PM
Is the purpose of a tinted clear to color adjust the base? Meaning, if they want a different red for this year, they lay the same base but just tint the clear?

in this case, i think you are right. it's just to make it more intense. Mike or another user with paint experience might be able to chime in. but i am not quite sure what the purpose actually is with Milano since it's not much more than a bright red as far as i can tell. there are some pretty crazy reds that i'm pretty sure are just plain old base/clear. for instance, Mazda "True Red" is insane.

DogRescuer
09-11-2015, 06:09 AM
Thanks all, I didn't even consider the tint clear as a factor... My readings on the paint meter were pretty consistent before and after, I was just surprised when I looked at my pads.

I changed out pads often, but was really scratching my head. Paint meter didn't lie!

All is well...

What pads did you use, I missed it?

LSNAutoDetailing
09-11-2015, 06:22 AM
What pads did you use, I missed it?

LC Yellow 5.5 CCS. I used Yellow because there was (of all things which you would appreciate) mild dog slobber that etched in pretty bad on the back doors. And second reason, it was going to rain and I wanted to work faster before the rain started. Finished just as the drops started falling.

DogRescuer
09-11-2015, 05:49 PM
Wow dog slobber