PDA

View Full Version : Bissell Little Green Carpet Cleaner

303AutoSpa
09-09-2015, 11:54 PM
I just bought a Bissell Little Green carpet cleaner to help make cleaning carpets a bit easier. What all do you recommend I use for a solution in it? I've seen a lot about Folex as a pre treatment but what do you use in the actual machine?

usmcpab
09-10-2015, 12:55 AM
In the actual machine you just want to use hot water. I wouldn't add solvents in the machine at all. It can lead to eventual leaks according to what I've read.

builthatch
09-10-2015, 01:09 AM
the stuff they provide with the machine is actually not that bad. but once that was used up, i ended up just using hot water and pre-treating with either Power Clean at an appropriate dilution, or Zep heavy traffic cleaner diluted accordingly; it just depends on what kind of soiling is being addressed.

SKorch630
09-10-2015, 01:26 AM
I've used the provided solution with great success.

damaged442
09-10-2015, 06:25 AM
I too have used the solution that came with it, and it was OK, but I have had better luck pretreating with the 303 Fabric and Upholstery Cleaner and only using hot water in the tank of the BLG.

Dereksdtail
09-10-2015, 06:28 AM
Zep extractor shampoo is awesome, I use it in my bissell pro heat

303AutoSpa
09-10-2015, 08:23 AM
Awesome thanks guys! I've been using just some stain remover I get from Walmart for about 4 bucks a can and scrub by hand and has worked really well so far but wanted something a little easier to pull out those tough stains. I will probably use it on a detail this weekend for the first time and will see how it goes! Next big purchase I make from AG will include some new better stain remover!

wdmaccord
09-10-2015, 08:29 AM
I will 3rd the comments regarding using only hot water in the tank. I will wet the carpet then spray with my cleaner. Let sit a minute or so, then scrub with upholstery brush. Then use the hot water in the tank to extract the cleaner/dirt.

One tip, have a 5 gallon bucket nearby to empty the tank as it doesn't hold much and you will have to dump it frequently. I also fill a gallon jug with hot water to refill the tank so I don't have to keep going inside.

And you don't have to break the bank on cleaner. CG Lightning Fast works well and dilutes 1:20. Folex is another good option @ $12/gal at local big box home improvement stores. CG Fabric Clean is also good and dilutes 1:20 but I wouldn't use it with an extractor. It foams too much so I only use that when cleaning rubber backed mats and using a hose to rinse...then I do a final extraction with the bissell to get the rest of the rinse water out.

DeansDetailing
09-10-2015, 09:00 AM
Ditto on just using water in the machine. Folex/CG Fabric Clean/APC as pre-treatment gets most issues. Consider the Cyclo brushes if you have a porter cable. The aqua brush is awesome for breaking stuff up.

WillWashesCars
09-10-2015, 09:46 AM
I used to use one years ago when I was first starting the business. To be honest, it did the job well if you prepped properly, attacked stains with the proper chemicals, and took your time.

Folex is an awesome pre-treatment, soak lightly, use a microfiber to agitate sometimes, or soak a mf in Folex and leave it on the worst stains. Then follow with warm water in the machine and you are good to go. Always vacuum as much as possible prior, and if the stains are serious, a light carpet cleaner and buffer attachment works well.

ethanbaker
05-13-2016, 01:11 PM
I have the little green pro heat unit http://cleanthiscarpet.com/bissell-little-green-proheat-machine-small-and-cheap . It is a good machine for the money. It is by no means a heavy duty machine. The unit is reliable and will get out most stains. I will vacuum the area spray a cleaner like folex on the stain and then hit it with the little green machine after agitating the cleaner on the stain after dwelling a few minutes. I hit it with the water and then begin to extract the water.

303AutoSpa
05-13-2016, 11:05 PM
I have the little green pro heat unit http://cleanthiscarpet.com/bissell-little-green-proheat-machine-small-and-cheap . It is a good machine for the money. It is by no means a heavy duty machine. The unit is reliable and will get out most stains. I will vacuum the area spray a cleaner like folex on the stain and then hit it with the little green machine after agitating the cleaner on the stain after dwelling a few minutes. I hit it with the water and then begin to extract the water.

I was thinking I should have bought this one. I think I jumped the gun a bit on buying the cheaper one that doesn't heat. Does a decent job but nothing great! I bought a steam cleaner now also which is my main tool of choice but still would be nice to have the heated extractor to go with it.

Calendyr
05-13-2016, 11:37 PM
the stuff they provide with the machine is actually not that bad. but once that was used up, i ended up just using hot water and pre-treating with either Power Clean at an appropriate dilution, or Zep heavy traffic cleaner diluted accordingly; it just depends on what kind of soiling is being addressed.

Yep the Bisell cleaner works well. Just pre-dilute it and put it in a spray bottle. Spray the fabric/carpet thoroughly and then use a brush to agitate well. Then using the machine with hot water in it, extract until the liquid coming out of the fabric has no suds or dirt in it.

VISITOR
05-14-2016, 03:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3GvQM7rE7U

VISITOR
05-14-2016, 03:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJexPDQ5Wxw