PDA

View Full Version : Waterless wash idea

MA5177
09-09-2015, 08:01 PM
Im new to all this and thanks to this site and you tube I have learned a ton about how to properly take care of my cars.

One of the best things I have learned about is the waterless/rinsless wash systems. This is not only a huge time saver its way easier and saves water here in So Cal.

The product I bought was CG's Eco smart waterless wash, not sure if they make a rinsless or not but really like the ease of use. One thing I do NOT like about it is the amount of towels you go through when the car is farily dirty.

I was toying with the idea of getting a bucket of clean water with grit guard and a microfiber mitt, spraying car down with the CG waterless wash then using the bucket method to wipe away all the dirt and rinsing mitt in the clean water bucket.

I think this will save on towel washing and may be easier on the paint, what do you think?

AnthonyGXP
09-09-2015, 08:15 PM
Then you would practically be doing a rinseless wash without solution in bucket. Would certainly take up more time than just washing multiple towels afterwards.

Even consider Ultima Waterless Wash Plus Concentrate? It can be used as waterless, rinsless, clay lube, and detail spray. Ultima does leave protection behind, but no buffing off the carnauba like EcoSmart! HUGE time saver!

LSNAutoDetailing
09-09-2015, 08:52 PM
For a fairly dirty car I use 2BM, both with grit guards. One with my dilution of Megs D114 (1:128) and the other just clear water along with my wash mitt. This method is great in the winter time on the daily driver, when it's too cold to get the hose out.

The second method for a not so dirty car, but one that may have dust from sitting or taking it to a car show; Same dilution of Megs D114 in a spray bottle. (Whenever I do a 2BM, I dunk a spray bottle into my bucket). I'll soak a panel pretty good with the spray bottle and wipe. I'll use good towel management with the gold plush towels.

Keep in mind method #2 is for a car that has light dust that I might want to prep for wax, or just get it clean quickly. Method #1 can handle dirt and grime. I'm almost a bigger fan of D114 wipe downs rather than QD now.

pheerix
09-09-2015, 08:58 PM
I don't like the mitt and 2 bucket method because the mitt will always be "dirty" no matter how many times you rinse it. Lots of chances to pick up a small rock or twig and drag it across every panel. I do the GD method and use like 12 towels. I know each panel will be hit with a clean towel. At the end it's a pretty small load of towels to do. You have to wash the mitt and the drying towels anyway.

Hoytman
09-09-2015, 09:05 PM
(Whenever I do a 2BM, I dunk a spray bottle into my bucket). I'll soak a panel pretty good with the spray bottle and wipe.
You have got to quit wiping that spray bottle across the car. Don't you know it'll scratch the paint, for crying out loud?:eek::bash::awman::haha::poke::laughing: