PDA

View Full Version : Specs on Windshield, How to remove?

Pages : [1] 2

sumeri28
09-08-2015, 09:42 PM
Guys/Gals
Anyone ever see these little specs on windshields? I can't seem them unless I'm driving into the sun but when I do, the windshield looks absolutely terrible and dirty. Would any of the glass restorer products on AG fix this? I tried clay bar, no luck. Here's the best pic I could get37073

DaveT435
09-08-2015, 10:06 PM
I can't see the pic very good. They look kind of like water spots. Does it feel rough on the outside of the windshield?

sumeri28
09-08-2015, 10:19 PM
They kinda do in the pic I know it's hard to see. In person they almost look like little specs of paint. I don't want to say it's overspray because I feel those specs are smaller and grouped more tightly. Also I just noticed this recently but the car had some paint work done a year ago. Could it be polish splatter? That's the most recent thing I did. I would think that would come off with my nail but I couldn't even feel it with my nail, inside or outside the windshield :/

CDot
09-08-2015, 10:22 PM
You sure it's on the outside or inside? I got my car used last fall and when I clean the interior glass, something similar pops up at the base of the glass near the defroster--like old over-spray from a harsh interior chemical.

DaveT435
09-08-2015, 10:25 PM
Strange that you can't feel anything. Ceriglass and CarPro glass polishing pads might be worth trying. Do you have a DA?

sumeri28
09-08-2015, 10:25 PM
I can't tell which side its on but this covers the entire windshield top to bottom 😫

sumeri28
09-08-2015, 10:27 PM
Strange that you can't feel anything. Ceriglass and CarPro glass polishing pads might be worth trying. Do you have a DA?

I know that's what makes me even more freaked out. I do have a DA and I have been looking at glass polishing stuff. I got spooked away though because of the overhead. I would do it in a heartbeat if I knew it worked. Just spent a lot of money on other car washing stuff so far this summer.

DaveT435
09-08-2015, 10:42 PM
It's 21.00 plus freight.

wing commander
09-08-2015, 11:08 PM
where do you live? I have Pinnacle glass polish that always works for my glass.

sumeri28
09-09-2015, 06:21 AM
21$ plus I thought I would need to buy the glass pads and then the protectant

sumeri28
09-09-2015, 06:22 AM
where do you live? I have Pinnacle glass polish that always works for my glass.

Perhaps I will need to try it then. I live in central PA

asianisafish
09-09-2015, 07:26 AM
Just razorblade it all, it's probably due for it anyways

PurpleTowel
09-09-2015, 10:22 AM
Mine looks similar... it's pitting from road debris (salt, sand, gravel, etc). Did/do you do a lot of highway driving?

sumeri28
09-09-2015, 02:42 PM
Mine looks similar... it's pitting from road debris (salt, sand, gravel, etc). Did/do you do a lot of highway driving?

Yes there's quite a few highway miles on it. I feared that's what it was. Anything that can fill that in?

PurpleTowel
09-09-2015, 02:46 PM
If you find something, please do let me know.

I think my car had some of its early life in a sandy/dry area in Texas, and the glass took a lot of abuse. I have used clay, razor blades, polish and every trick I know to make the glass look better, without any positive results.

It's not bad or dangerous, just annoying—especially driving into a sunset.

What do they use on the roads in winter in central PA? Here it's salt and in other parts of the Midwest where this car spent much of its life, it's a salt/sand mix. Brutal on windshields and front ends, especially with highway speeds involved.

doug