PDA

View Full Version : chrome wheels protectant.

pmalavolti
09-05-2015, 08:55 PM
i just got a set of new wheels. i need a protectant for them. but the catch is they are not a typical chrome. they are the new chrome coating called PVD. what is the best sealant for these to last the longest.

FUNX650
09-05-2015, 09:39 PM
they are the new chrome coating called PVD.

what is the best sealant for these
to last the longest.
First:
:welcome: ...to AGO!

IMO:
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 (WDGPS)
is one of the best Sealants for PVD, and/or, as far as
that goes: any other type of "chrome-plating", as well.

Bob

Ebg18t
09-05-2015, 10:03 PM
How does PVD differ from traditional chrome?

oldmodman
09-06-2015, 04:14 AM
Here is an answer copied off of a chrome plating site.

Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) is a time tested proven technology that has been used for decades in other industries. It is now available for automotive wheels. This new state of the art process provides a superior alternative to traditional “Chrome Plating”.
Chrome plating is well known for the many problems it has with pitting & peeling of the chrome surface. A PVD coated wheel virtually eliminates those problems.
We guarantee the coating for (5) five full years.
The PVD process is an environmentally friendly method of producing a bright wheel finish that is more durable than traditional chrome plating. PVD finish is also OEM approved.

If you want to read more about it here is a link.

https://detroitwheelandtire.com/pvd-what

PA DETAILER
09-06-2015, 04:21 AM
Detailer’s Wheel Coating, wheel wax, wheel sealant, brake dust repellent (http://www.autogeek.net/wheel-coating.html) :xyxthumbs:

And the 20% off sale is going on.

Dogfather
09-06-2015, 06:14 AM
Fk1000p

pmalavolti
09-06-2015, 07:42 AM
First:
:welcome: ...to AGO!

IMO:
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 (WDGPS)
is one of the best Sealants for PVD, and/or, as far as
that goes: any other type of "chrome-plating", as well.

Bob

thanks. i've been lurking here for a long time. the amount of detailing knowledge on this site is overwelming. i thought i was doing good knowing the difference between a polish and a wax before finding this site. i appreciate everyones input.