PDA

View Full Version : WGGPS 3.0: Do you top or recoat?

Pages : [1] 2

MrOneEyedBoh
09-05-2015, 06:35 PM
I just used WGGPS for the first time today , and I like it. I was wondering do you guys recoat the next day or top with something else? I always question myself whether I got 100% coverage, I'm sure I did though. I applied using a a DA. I have so many waxes and sealants here, so I'm interested to see what you recoat with or if you guys recoat at all.

It's on my DD truck, so I'll just wipe it down with a deep.nap MF to remove dust and apply something else. Or maybe use some d114, their rinseless wash.

FUNX650
09-05-2015, 06:47 PM
I've never "topped" WDGPS with
anything else....but WDGPS.

Bob

01GreyStangGT
09-05-2015, 08:37 PM
It's a great product.

newportjon
09-05-2015, 08:49 PM
I topped it with Fuzion today, for the first time.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
09-06-2015, 01:36 AM
You can add a second coat to ensure coverage of the paint.

If you do want to top it with something else, Fuzion is the way to go.

MrOneEyedBoh
09-06-2015, 10:22 AM
I just seen I should've left the sealant on for 45 mins before buffing off. I did the swipe test to ensure it was dry prior to buffing...

Souldetailer
09-06-2015, 10:31 AM
I just seen I should've left the sealant on for 45 mins before buffing off. I did the swipe test to ensure it was dry prior to buffing...

I'd go ahead and second coat it. I couldn't deal with that type of uncertainty hanging over my head. Just sayin'.

Peace,

Darrin

newportjon
09-06-2015, 12:03 PM
AG also sells a Wolfgang High Gloss Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-high-gloss-combo.html) with DGPS and their WOWA sealant. So, I'm guessing, you could use the WOWA as a topper to DGPS.

MrOneEyedBoh
09-06-2015, 08:29 PM
Well I threw a coat of fuzion on.

FUNX650
09-06-2015, 08:36 PM
Well I threw a coat of fuzion on.
Well...
Isn't your vehicle's protection, now,
that of a Wax...not that of a Sealant?

Bob

MrOneEyedBoh
09-06-2015, 11:05 PM
Wouldn't the wax wear off and then the sealant be under it? Lol.. I hope so. Or at least that's what I've read or have understood what would happen.

MrOneEyedBoh
09-06-2015, 11:40 PM
I let the fuzion haze over. I didn't realize it was a wipe off immediately wax. I don't think it didn't anything, but thought I'd ask... Did I hinder anything by allowing it to haze.

jamesalanb
09-07-2015, 07:20 AM
I just used WGDGPS 3.0 for the first time this weekend as well. I did one coat Saturday morn, got drizzled on Saturday night (about 11 hours after completion, sucks) and a second coat yesterday afternoon. I haven't pulled it out of the carport since then, but i can tell you its sliiiiiick after the second coat. I am going to see how things look today, in the sun, and will likely save a topping of Fuzion for a special occasion (meaning, I'll prob wait a week and decide I need to do it because I am as crazy as the rest of you!) After all the reading I've done on this stuff for the past 3 years, I'm glad I finally got a bottle.

FUNX650
09-07-2015, 07:36 AM
I just used WGDGPS 3.0 for the first time
i can tell you its sliiiiiick after the second coat.

I am going to see how things look today, in
the sun, and will likely save a topping of Fuzion
for a special occasion (meaning, I'll prob wait a
week and decide I need to do it because I am
as crazy as the rest of you!)

I, too, really like all of WDGPS'
Sealant-characteristics (and that
includes its "sliiiiiick"-ness).

Because of these factors:
I'm not crazy enough to ever
top/layer it with any Wax product.

Bob

MrOneEyedBoh
09-07-2015, 09:06 AM
But the fuzion will wear away and then the WDGPS will be right there behind it , right.