PDA

View Full Version : Removing yellow stains from chrome rims

Pages : [1] 2

JMCamaroSS
09-05-2015, 05:48 PM
I have a person who wants a wash/wax and tires and rims cleaned. It's a Lincoln Navigator with 24" Victory chrome rims, the issue is they are yellowing.

I've never seen wheels do this. How would you remove the yellowing?

Already tried a brake dust/iron remover and clay with no progress.

custmsprty
09-05-2015, 06:08 PM
:postpics:

Your question reminds me of when I was in the service and we would wait for the guy in the enlisted mans club that would forget to take his cover off. He had to either buy the bar a round or leave. Question like this w/o pics is about the same thing. LOL.

custmsprty
09-05-2015, 06:34 PM
Did you try a high quality chrome polish with a Mother's Powerball?

Souldetailer
09-05-2015, 06:55 PM
Keep the dog away from the vehicle.

Peace,

Darrin

Next!

JMCamaroSS
09-05-2015, 07:11 PM
:postpics:

Your question reminds me of when I was in the service and we would wait for the guy in the enlisted mans club that would forget to take his cover off. He had to either buy the bar a round or leave. Question like this w/o pics is about the same thing. LOL.

Your reply reminds me of other responses I've had, they don't know how to do it either.

It's chrome rims, yellow staining, sorry you can't comprehend what these 2 factors are.

JMCamaroSS
09-05-2015, 07:14 PM
Keep the dog away from the vehicle.

Peace,

Darrin

Next!

Do you actually read before responding? It's not my vehicle, and the owner has no dog.

I wait nearly 6 months to ask my first question and I get idiotic responses like this.

Souldetailer
09-05-2015, 07:28 PM
Do you actually read before responding? It's not my vehicle, and the owner has no dog.

I wait nearly 6 months to ask my first question and I get idiotic responses like this.

You should really switch to decaf. this late in the evening.:props:
It was a joke.

JMCamaroSS
09-05-2015, 07:44 PM
You should really switch to decaf. this late in the evening.:props:
It was a joke.

I've only spent 6 hours doing research for someone who's had success with this, and I've yet to find anyone.

Sorry, but it's not a joke to me, I'm trying to find a solution for a customer's car. :help:

Mantilgh
09-05-2015, 08:18 PM
Try a solvent. Either a solvent based polish, cleaner, tar remover, or straight mineral spirits. Citrus based cleaners can act as a solvent also.

A1Detail
09-05-2015, 08:24 PM
Understand you have spent 6 hours trying to figure this out. The AGO community is the best. you will get your answer. I have seen people ask questions like you. And some people asked for pics like custmsprty, cause he wants help. And you will get alot more people to help you if they can see what you are talking about.

A1Detail
09-05-2015, 08:25 PM
have you tried iron X from car pro.

Ebg18t
09-05-2015, 09:31 PM
I have a person who wants a wash/wax and tires and rims cleaned. It's a Lincoln Navigator with 24" Victory chrome rims, the issue is they are yellowing.

I've never seen wheels do this. How would you remove the yellowing?

Already tried a brake dust/iron remover and clay with no progress.

Your reply reminds me of other responses I've had, they don't know how to do it either.

It's chrome rims, yellow staining, sorry you can't comprehend what these 2 factors are.

I've only spent 6 hours doing research for someone who's had success with this, and I've yet to find anyone.

Sorry, but it's not a joke to me, I'm trying to find a solution for a customer's car. :help:

Do you treat your customers like this?

Pictures would help, but it appears you above that based on your snide remarks.

Someone might recognize the situation with a picture of the damage. Not to mention almost 10% of men are color blind so a member might not know a stain is yellow like you, but they may recognize the stain and have the answer for you.

The more information you provide the more help you might get.

JMCamaroSS
09-05-2015, 09:56 PM
Do you treat your customers like this?

Pictures would help, but it appears you above that based on your snide remarks.

Someone might recognize the situation with a picture of the damage. Not to mention almost 10% of men are color blind so a member might not know a stain is yellow like you, but they may recognize the stain and have the answer for you.

The more information you provide the more help you might get.

Dude, are you for real? I asked a question, seeking advice from someone who HAS actually removed yellowing from chrome. I get a response that my question is useless without pictures. (They are chrome wheels with a yellowish tint on them, is it that difficult to form a picture of this?) And then goes on to make me out to be the idiot of his platoon.

Then I get another response that the Dog is urinating on the wheels.

And I'm the one making snide remarks?

Oh, and by the way, I only do this as a side job, and my customers must like the work I do for them because 90% of the time, they tip me, and refer friends and family.

Why do my customers tip me so often? Because I treat their vehicles like they are mine.
If an issue arises like this one, I'm honest with them, but I tell them I will do everything I can to find a solution to the problem.

If a moderator is reading this, just delete it. I will seek help elsewhere and find someone experienced with chrome wheels on how to remove yellowing from them.

Adios Autogeek.

TRDTACO
09-05-2015, 10:07 PM
Meguiars wheel brightner at the proper dilution, be careful its very powerful.

top189h
09-05-2015, 10:07 PM
The only think of is the chrome could be failing. On dragsters, it's not uncommon to see yellowing on chrome exhaust because the heat jeopardizes the chrome top layer, and if I'm not mistaken the nickel later underneath is yellowish.