PDA

View Full Version : Sealants with short cure times

Pages : [1] 2

greger
09-18-2007, 12:30 PM
Hello,

As you can tell I am new to the forums. I have been lurking and learning now for a little bit. I got my UDM and some pads from AG now thinking of some new products.

I am having a difficult time trying to find a sealant that has a short cure time. The only thing I have found is CG jetseal which AG does not sell and is somewhat pricey.

Are there any other sealants that have the ability to be layered/cured in a relatively short time(half hour to hour) and eventually topped with a wax. I will probably top w either DP Max Wax or Collinite 845 for winter

thanks
g

da1nonlychino
09-18-2007, 01:34 PM
I use Poorboys EX-P and liquid souveran. It cures in 30-60 mins but i try to leave it on for longer.. there are a couple more cant think of the names but im sure ull get a few replies soon

r_wain
09-18-2007, 02:48 PM
You can layer opti-seal with an hour cure time.

6LS2
09-18-2007, 02:53 PM
XMT 360 is a sealent and you can put a wax ontop straight after applying it. :)

dengood1
09-18-2007, 04:05 PM
+1 for Optiseal. Cures very quickly, can be layered within an hour, probably less.

supercharged
09-18-2007, 04:26 PM
Sealants that offer longer durability will cure longer...for example Klasse SG - Minimum 12 hours, recommended - 24 hours...

ehuth1
09-18-2007, 10:07 PM
DG 105 then opti-seal work great too.

Pauly6401
09-19-2007, 06:26 AM
Poorboys EX-P offers 3-6 months protection - anyone have experience to back that up?

richy
09-19-2007, 11:54 AM
DG 105 preceeded with 601 will cure right away. You can then layer a carnuba or whatever you want.

greger
09-19-2007, 06:16 PM
I forgot all about the opti-seal how its a WOWO type of product. I have read some mixed reviews as far as the durability/protection it offers but its def an option. I could have sworn PB EX-P needed at least 12 hours to cure as that was on of my first choices.

I like the Duragloss line as I use their car wash already. The DG 601 and 105 sounds like a winning combo, topped off with a little Max Wax or Collinite 845.

I wonder if the 601 has any paint correction in it or if I need something to take care of swirls and light scratches first. I know there are a couple of duragloss mad scientists on the forum wonder if they mixed some DG 101 & 601 together.

Thanks for the info guys
g

Al-53
09-19-2007, 06:29 PM
I forgot all about the opti-seal how its a WOWO type of product. I have read some mixed reviews as far as the durability/protection it offers but its def an option. I could have sworn PB EX-P needed at least 12 hours to cure as that was on of my first choices.

I like the Duragloss line as I use their car wash already. The DG 601 and 105 sounds like a winning combo, topped off with a little Max Wax or Collinite 845.

I wonder if the 601 has any paint correction in it or if I need something to take care of swirls and light scratches first. I know there are a couple of duragloss mad scientists on the forum wonder if they mixed some DG 101 & 601 together.

Thanks for the info guys
g

The 601 will not do any corrections at all..and DO NOT mix it with any product...its a stand alone product....also 601 works best by hand...using a PC causes it to flash fast and can give a dull result....it goes on so easy..plus do not buff it off..just go over it with 105 and then buff off after 30-45 minutes....

AL

joe.p
09-19-2007, 07:17 PM
heres a pic of the exact combo AL-53 is talking about..i did this SUV almost a year ago to date other then some swirls DG has held up pretty good..i see the Trailblazer everyday and the owner has kept it up with a regular rigimen of AW and the vehicles appearence is similiar today as the day it was polished...

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/jpresti726/joescarwash071.jpg

greger
09-19-2007, 08:13 PM
The 601 will not do any corrections at all..and DO NOT mix it with any product
AL

Al Not to worry I wont be breaking out the chemisty set anytime soon. The only mixing I ever did was when I was home brewing a few years back.

I will def give the DG 601 & 105 combo a shot and use the method you suggested. Do you think its ok to use a PC to apply the 105. Also how long after I buff the 105 can I apply an LSP like 845?

This leads me to another question since I need a polish to remove some swirl marks left by the previous owner what would you recommend.

I was going to give the Menz 106ff a shot since I have read nothing but rave reviews about it till I saw the price tag.

I know the answer depends on the amount of correction needed and the vehicle type etc. My vehicle is a 2004 Black Accord which I think has the softest clear of any car I have ever seen, you breath on it and it gets a scratch. The paints in pretty good shape but has a decent amount of swirls and some light surface scratches from what I can tell.

thanks
g

richy
09-20-2007, 03:07 PM
Al Not to worry I wont be breaking out the chemisty set anytime soon. The only mixing I ever did was when I was home brewing a few years back.

I will def give the DG 601 & 105 combo a shot and use the method you suggested. Do you think its ok to use a PC to apply the 105. Also how long after I buff the 105 can I apply an LSP like 845?

This leads me to another question since I need a polish to remove some swirl marks left by the previous owner what would you recommend.

I was going to give the Menz 106ff a shot since I have read nothing but rave reviews about it till I saw the price tag.

I know the answer depends on the amount of correction needed and the vehicle type etc. My vehicle is a 2004 Black Accord which I think has the softest clear of any car I have ever seen, you breath on it and it gets a scratch. The paints in pretty good shape but has a decent amount of swirls and some light surface scratches from what I can tell.

thanks
g

You can apply an LSP right after the 601/105 combo. I hate the smell of 601 BTW, not that it really matters. You could add another coat of 845 in a day or 2 after, just to ensure uniform coverage. As for 106..anyone who has read any of my S & S's knows I swear by the stuff b/c it works and works very, very, well. It's like that old saying "Why is divorce SO expensive..the answer..b/c it's SO WORTH IT!" Not that I am, BTW, but it is funny nonetheless. Buy it, you will be very happy, I promise.;)

P1et
09-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Poorboys EX-P offers 3-6 months protection - anyone have experience to back that up?

That is the biggest joke ever, EX-P is the only Poorboys product that I'm disappointed with. It looks OK, but has absolutely no durability. Beading is awful and it doens't last but a single wash. Hence, it just sits on my shelf...