PDA

View Full Version : McKee’s RV Vinyl Decal & Graphic Restorer - 8 ounce

Mike Phillips
09-05-2015, 01:53 PM
McKee’s RV Vinyl Decal & Graphic Restorer - 8 ounce (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/rough-draft/94958-mckee-s-rv-vinyl-decal-graphic-restorer-8-ounce.html)

Finally, a solution to faded decals and graphics!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2955/Vinyl_Graphic_Detailer_Restorer_16.jpg

If you have a class B or C motor home, chances are your decals have already begun to fade. If not, they will fade very soon! Restore faded decals and protect new ones with McKee’s RV Vinyl Decal & Graphic Restorer, the first and only product of its type. This polymer-based conditioner is fortified with nourishing oils that penetrate deep into the surface, lifting embedded dirt and road film from the material so the original glossy appearance of the decal is restored. Synthetic polymers rejuvenate the color while creating a water-resistant film of protection that will not wash off.

Dull wheels are easy to polish to a mirror finish and oxidized fiberglass can easily be restored, but what about the dull, faded decals on your RV? Until now you had to live with it. McKee’s RV Vinyl Decal & Graphic Restorer is the solution to a common problem that plagues all RV owners.

The sun’s UV rays take their toll on every surface on your RV, from the roof to the wheels to the vinyl decals. UV rays remove the natural plasticizer oils that help keep vinyl decals flexible, which is what causes them to crack, fade, and discolor over time. McKee’s RV Vinyl Decal & Graphic Restorer replenishes the vinyl graphics by restoring the lost plasticizer oils, resulting in a like-new appearance that lasts months or even years.

Just because your RV is new doesn’t mean you should ignore the vinyl decals and graphics! Right NOW is the time to protect them so they don’t fade. McKee’s RV Vinyl Decal & Graphic Restorer is perfect for both new and old RV’s. Trust us when we say that it will quickly become your favorite RV product.

Application is simple: Clean the surface and then apply a quarter-sized dollop of product onto a microfiber applicator pad. Thoroughly rub the restorer into the surface until the color has been restored. Apply more as needed.

8 oz.

Made in USA

At McKeesRV.com

McKee’s RV Vinyl Decal & Graphic Restorer - 8 ounce (http://www.mckeesrv.com/rv-vinyl-decal-graphic-restorer.html)

:xyxthumbs:

Mike Phillips
09-07-2015, 07:32 AM
New solution to an age old issue!

Anyone that's ever owned an RV or detailed an RV with faded vinyl graphics understands the challenges for restoring the faded colors back to their original crisp brightness.

This is especially true if you've restored the finish of the RV because the jobs not complete until the graphics look great too.

Here's a product that tackles faded graphics and it's easy to use.

Here's a tip...

If you own an RV with vinyl graphics or you detail a new RV with vinyl graphics, NOW is the time to start using tMcKee's RV Vinyl Decal & Graphic Restore. Start protecting and maintaining vinyl graphics while they still look new instead of trying to salvage them years down the road.

It's called preventative maintenance and it pays off with big dividends especially when detailing BIG rigs with lots of vinyl graphics like is common in the RV world.

:xyxthumbs:

antti@561detailing
09-07-2015, 08:23 AM
Question, I have a truck and ogw turned satin vinyls matte. Would this fix it? Owner said it was something his car cleaner did.

Mike Phillips
09-07-2015, 08:45 AM
Question, I have a truck and ogw

I know most detailing acronyms but this one escapes me. As a courtesy to all the newbies and lurkers that visit this forum I tend to take the few extra seconds to actually type out the names of products.

:dunno:

turned satin vinyls matte.

Sounds like he used the wrong product on his vinyl surfaces. That's a common problem because there's a lack of dedicated products like McKee's RV Vinyl Decal & Graphic Restorer on the market.

Would this fix it?

Hard to say until you try it out. Satin graphics are easily stained when a person uses the wrong product on them because they are more porous and have a grainy texture unlike glossy graphics.

What have you tried so far to undo the damage?

What has the owner tried so far to undo the damage?

Trying out too many "other cleaners" can also cause damage. Kind of an endless cycle.

Owner said it was something his car cleaner did.

Car cleaner is kind of vague Antti? A car cleaner could be a person and it could be an car wash. If the "car cleaner" the owner used was some type of APC like simple green or other under the kitchen sink type household cleaner, it may have caused permanent damage.

Maybe share the link to this thread with the owner and suggest he get a bottle and test it out or test it out for him.

Note that some types of damage cannot be repaired by any product. Vinyl graphics are temperamental and sensitive to the wrong chemicals. It's possible nothing will undo the damage.

The only thing you can do is try.

Here's another tip...
Sometimes a single application won't provide the miracle results you're hoping for but repeated applications will help to restore the graphics and undo at least some of the damage.

:)

antti@561detailing
09-07-2015, 09:05 AM
I know most detailing acronyms but this one escapes me. As a courtesy to all the newbies and lurkers that visit this forum I tend to take the few extra seconds to actually type out the names of products.

:dunno:

Sounds like he used the wrong product on his vinyl surfaces. That's a common problem because there's a lack of dedicated products like McKee's RV Vinyl Decal & Graphic Restorer on the market.

Hard to say until you try it out. Satin graphics are easily stained when a person uses the wrong product on them because they are more porous and have a grainy texture unlike glossy graphics.

What have you tried so far to undo the damage?

What has the owner tried so far to undo the damage?

Trying out too many "other cleaners" can also cause damage. Kind of an endless cycle.

Car cleaner is kind of vague Antti? A car cleaner could be a person and it could be an car wash. If the "car cleaner" the owner used was some type of APC like simple green or other under the kitchen sink type household cleaner, it may have caused permanent damage.

Maybe share the link to this thread with the owner and suggest he get a bottle and test it out or test it out for him.

Note that some types of damage cannot be repaired by any product. Vinyl graphics are temperamental and sensitive to the wrong chemicals. It's possible nothing will undo the damage.

The only thing you can do is try.

Here's another tip...
Sometimes a single application won't provide the miracle results you're hoping for but repeated applications will help to restore the graphics and undo at least some of the damage.

:)

Hi Mike, I haven't used anything, truck is booked for next week.

By "Car Cleaner", I met other detailer who used something on his truck.

Owner didn't know what he used, but satin vinyls turned out matte, black trim is covered with dried wax.

Now if you say, satin vinyl is porous. Then most likely it's done. He special ordered those vinyls, I will try to find out what it was.

Now here is another question. He is custom metal shop owner. And car is covered with metal particles. And needs ironx wash. What will ironx do this vinyl?

Thanks,
Antti

Mike Phillips
09-07-2015, 09:15 AM
Hi Mike, I haven't used anything, truck is booked for next week.

By "Car Cleaner", I met other detailer who used something on his truck.

LOL - That's what I would tend to want to assume but you know how dangerous assuming can be. Thanks for clarifying.

Owner didn't know what he used, but satin vinyls turned out matte, black trim is covered with dried wax.

That's pretty common for untrained detailers. That is they put wax on everything. :dunno:

Now if you say, satin vinyl is porous. Then most likely it's done. He special ordered those vinyls, I will try to find out what it was.

Actually I said "more porous" than glossy graphics. I've learned over the years on discussion forums and other social media to be very careful when typing and I choose EVERY word I use carefully and purposefully for very specific reasons.

And "yes" matte graphics are more porous than glossy graphics and also have a texture to them that traps and holds things like car wax that are intended for use on smooth surfaces.

All you can do is try to fix it. I'd recommend applying with a microfiber applicator pad as microfiber provides a gentle form of scrubbing and also working the product into the graphics.

Now here is another question. He is custom metal shop owner. And car is covered with metal particles. And needs ironx wash. What will ironx do this vinyl?

Thanks,
Antti

I've never seen Iron X harm paint or graphics. I'd use it. Can't do any more damage than the other guy already did. Be sure to document using your VIF form before working on this project.

Might be time for the owner to invest in some type of covering.

Have fun with this project. It would be cool for you to post some before and after pictures to the forum.

:Picture::dblthumb2:

antti@561detailing
09-07-2015, 09:36 AM
Thanks Mike,

I will add it to my order.

RV owners will be happy with McKee's Rv products.