PDA

View Full Version : Wax after sealant

jelenz
09-03-2015, 09:45 PM
I am going to use Wolfgang paint sealant and plan to top it with Fuzion wax. The directions say to keep the sealant dry for 12 hours to let it finish curing. How soon after applying the sealant can I apply the wax?

vobro
09-03-2015, 10:10 PM
12 hours

Riff
09-03-2015, 11:03 PM
Apply the sealant. Wait about 45 minutes before you wipe it off. Keep the car from getting wet for 12 hours, then apply the wax anytime after that.

👍🏽

geekdout
09-03-2015, 11:22 PM
That is the one thing I don't like about Wolfgang, the long recommended cure time. On Autogeek's website it says 12 hours for dry climates, so I am guessing that it could take even longer here in south fl with the high humidity. Even with all that it is still a great product but maybe I will try Wolfgang Crystal Seal when my bottle gets low.

Just keep it simple apply the sealant then apply the wax the next day or if you are the type that details your cars a lot I wouldn't worry about the full 12 hour cure time.

custmsprty
09-03-2015, 11:25 PM
That is the one thing I don't like about Wolfgang, the long recommended cure time. On Autogeek's website it says 12 hours for dry climates, so I am guessing that it could take even longer here in south fl with the high humidity. Even with all that it is still a great product but maybe I will try Wolfgang Crystal Seal when my bottle gets low.

Just keep it simple apply the sealant then apply the wax the next day or if you are the type that details your cars a lot I wouldn't worry about the full 12 hour cure time.

The new DoDo Juice Supernatural Hybrid Nano is 48 hours!

Quote:
For increased results, allow Dodo Juice Supernatural Hybrid NANO to cure longer before removal. Ideally, you do not want the paint to be exposed to water for 48 hours after application.

MrOneEyedBoh
09-06-2015, 10:19 AM
Just noticed this... You're supposed to let it sit for 45 mins before buffing off? I just did the whole truck and then went back to the first panel, swiped it with my finger to see if it was dry and then buffed off... Is that wrong?