PDA

View Full Version : Which brush for carpets and seats (vinyl/leather combo)

spedster
09-02-2015, 09:19 PM
I'm trying to decide on what brushes to get for seats and carpets. I'm been checking reviews and alot of people complain about the very stiff brushes about how it pull and snags on the carpet.

My seats are like half leather half vinyl like in the picture. Any brushes you guys really like?

Thanks

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.thecarconnection.com%2Flrg% 2F2013-mazda-mazda3-5dr-hb-man-mazdaspeed3-touring-front-seats_100414884_l.jpg&f=1

Dogfather
09-02-2015, 09:57 PM
Most leather seats only have leather inserts, the rest being vinyl.
Anyhow, I love my KIWI horsehair shoe brush for my leather.

spedster
09-03-2015, 08:36 AM
I have a stain on the middle part of the seat, not the leather. I don't know what it is and don't know how I should try to get it out. Should I use a brush and scrub it, or use a towel instead?

david b
09-03-2015, 09:31 AM
I also have a KIWI Horsehair Shoe brush. Works great for leather. Got it at a big box store for $5. Some of the hairs came out during the initial use but it's all good now.

David

Mantilgh
09-03-2015, 10:16 AM
Two different brushes. One stiffer brush for carpets and upholstery, and a softer one for vinyl, plastic, and leather.

Something like Allen Edmonds Horsehair Shoe Shine Brush would be gentle. I have a brush that came with a leather kit and it seems too stiff. A 1" detail brush would work too, but would take more time.

A good medium/hard all purpose scrub brush for the carpets. Plus a stiff large toothbrush style one for around the seat bases and tight areas.

LSNAutoDetailing
09-03-2015, 03:15 PM
AG sells a little brush for leather and soft Aqua brushes for carpet. I like to go conservative on carpet, last thing I want to do is pull up the fibers.

I put the soft-Aqua on my 7424. Having said that my interior gal used my leather brush on the carpet by mistake and it actually produced nice results.

sweatthedetails
09-09-2015, 08:32 PM
Mazda Speed 3, I hate those seats. Are you leather or cloth, pick one all ready!

www.JaxDetails.com
www.facebook.com/DentsAndDetails
I may be slow, but I do poor work.

spedster
09-27-2015, 07:19 PM
Ya and I got a stain on the cloth part, not sure what to use to get it out.