PDA

View Full Version : dealership deluxe detail is this a good deal?

Pages : [1] 2 3

PoorOwner
09-02-2015, 02:30 PM
The Lexus dealership sent me a coupon to get this deluxe detail for $99 (normally $299 :) )

Please let me know if this is a good deal or not?

I had to ask them exactly what this includes exactly:

Hand wash, clean windows, detail wheels and apply tire dressing, clean and treat seats and trim, shampoo carpets, clay bar exterior, hand wax light polish, and vacuum.

I already treated my seats so I am not sure what they would put on, especially the trims, I normally have to wipe everything down (shiny armor all on trims?) and apply things I know.

The car could really use a clay and wax though. I could do any of these myself except for the shampoo carpet I don't have the machine extract and leave the stripes. But $99 is attracting me for the time I would have to spend.

pheerix
09-02-2015, 03:05 PM
Watch this video then decide:

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XzXVbT4lz4"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XzXVbT4lz4[/video]

PoorOwner
09-02-2015, 03:08 PM
LOL this confirm my fears. Had me in tears.. is that real?
I guess I just bust out the stuff on a sunday morning and do it myself.

tpr1634
09-02-2015, 03:17 PM
If I didn't see this I would of not believe it, WOW....:buffing:

Burnt350
09-02-2015, 03:19 PM
I pray to Jeezus that video is fake.

fejcharson
09-02-2015, 03:49 PM

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XzXVbT4lz4"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XzXVbT4lz4[/video]

That is great wonder how much they charge for a lacquer coating?

cardaddy
09-02-2015, 04:12 PM
GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good ol' "production detailing" at it's finest!

I seriously can't imagine how a dealership THINKS that showing the general public that drowning the interior (alone) would be something that makes people want to flock to their doors.

To the OP....
For a WASH that gets the wheels correctly, gets the wheel wells, does the jambs CORRECTLY (as in not flooding the whole interior), does a light carpet cleaning, interior wipe down (no steam cleaning, no total carpet extraction) then the exterior with a 2 bucket wash, plus a quick Nanoskin, then a spray wax.... THAT should run at least $99.

By getting the wheels, wheel wells, and exhaust tips done correctly though we're talking about a whole host of Daytona wheel brushes, Wheel Woolies, Mothers brushes etc.. Then adding in something like DUB wheel cleaner to get rid of the iron. Follow that with non-acid wheel cleaner and a good APC. Just the wheels/wheel wells/exhaust takes us pretty much an hour. Then the full wash and decon of the paint is another 2 hours. Finish with a good glass cleaning (inside and out) a spray sealant, and a quality tire gel and you've got the best part of 4 hours.

Yet a dealership will spend maybe half that and trash the car. I mean TRASH IT.

Here is a hood from a 335i that was a "Certified Pre Owned" BMW from the biggest BMW dealership in Atlanta.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2913/20140727_131904.jpg

Notice just how bad the buffer trails/holograms are? THAT is what you get from production detailing! (Unfortunately as it is.):rolleyes:

THIS is what it looked like after I 'fixed' the dealership "detail".
All it took was a little D300 and a foam pad. Followed that with a touch of Menz 4000, then topped it with Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0. :D
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/2913/20140727_201758.jpg

Took two of us half a day, but the results were better than anything the dealership would have done on any day of the week. ;)

Real Riders
09-02-2015, 04:42 PM
Why not just use the $99 and buy some products from AutoGeek and wash it yourself? You will be way better off than paying the dealer.

Paul A.
09-02-2015, 04:56 PM
Considering i NEVER EVER let my dealership simply wash my car i would never let them do anything more. Sure, they make that sound like a good "deal" but dealerships typically do much more harm than good.

If you are not willing or able to do it yourself i would recommend you find a fellow Geek near you. The best advice you've gotten so far is to get what you need to do it yourself. I understand you don't have an extractor and you may want to have someone local do just that for you.

Where are you located?

Eric@CherryOnTop
09-02-2015, 04:58 PM
I'll pay you $99 NOT to buy this.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paul A.
09-02-2015, 05:03 PM
^I'll split it with ya, Eric!

Joe@NextLevelDetail
09-02-2015, 05:10 PM

Lmfaooooooooooo best post ever lmfaooooo

LAQUER THINNER LMAO

Joe@NextLevelDetail
09-02-2015, 05:22 PM
They should just use lacquer thinner as clay lube

LSNAutoDetailing
09-02-2015, 05:36 PM
OMG!!! Lacquer thinner!!!

pheerix
09-02-2015, 07:07 PM
LOL I thought I saw this video on this forum. Maybe somewhere else. Anyway, the dealership I got my recent lease actually did a pretty decent job with delivery prep (BMW Encinitas for anyone curious). No noticeable swirls on the paint, some on the infamous black BMW B-pillars and no gross dressings. I was pleasantly surprised.