PDA

View Full Version : How do you use Detailer vs. Spray Wax?

spewking
09-01-2015, 08:23 PM
How do you use detailer and spray wax? I have both products and am interested in how, when, frequency, etc. that you use each.

I typically use spray wax after every other wash to keep my 4*UPP finish looking sharp. I don't have a specific plan or schedule for use of detailing spray and am curious how you use it and how you schedule or coordinate the use of each.

Thanks.

FUNX650
09-01-2015, 10:23 PM
IMO:
•Spray Waxes gets misted only upon clean surfaces.

•Detail/QD Sprays gets applied wet/heavy...
(the same as I would for WWs)...upon dirty
surfaces---whose amount of dirtiness that a
person feels can be safely remediated, via
Detail/QD sprays, can vary greatly.

How dirty is too dirty?...comes to mind.

Bob

Joe@NextLevelDetail
09-02-2015, 12:15 AM
Only use spray wax to dry a car or after the car is clean

I use quick detailer for light light dust if i had a car i dont care about i would use qd spray to clean

DogRescuer
09-02-2015, 05:52 AM
So the next question is can you use a qd as a drying aid??

Mask
09-02-2015, 06:15 AM
Meguiars D114 has been my go to QD (1:100) for sometime.
I've been using it as drying aid ;)

BMW435
09-02-2015, 08:25 AM
So the next question is can you use a qd as a drying aid??

I use a quick detailer (Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine) as a drying aid and sometimes for removing dead bugs, bird droppings

I use a spray wax (Meguiar's D156) on a freshly washed and dryed car

Sicoupe
09-02-2015, 08:52 AM
I use Griots spray wax for drying aid after every wash, does a great job and looks good on car.

pheerix
09-02-2015, 09:26 AM
I use OCW as a drying aid during ONR rinseless wash.

dcjredline
09-02-2015, 09:57 AM
I use a quick detailer (Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine) as a drying aid and sometimes for removing dead bugs, bird droppings

I use a spray wax (Meguiar's D156) on a freshly washed and dryed car

This

Desertnate
09-02-2015, 10:39 AM
I have a black car so my use of the to products may be more conservative.

Like Bob mentioned, I only use spray wax on a freshly washed car. These days, I use it as a drying aid so the car is still a little wet.

I only use QD sprays for bird droppings on the exterior of the car. However, I also use it on door jams and those painted areas around the door frames/body behind the doors. If those areas are just dusty I use it straight. If the areas are really dirty, I'll run my wash mitt over them and then finish out with the QD spray.