PDA

View Full Version : Question about wash and wax

AutoApollo
09-01-2015, 08:09 PM
Hi guys. After finishing off my car with a fresh coat of Meguiars ultimate liquid wax (sealant). Should I wash my car when the time comes with ultimate wash and wax followed by the ultimate quik wax? Would the quik wax be unnecessary? Or would it be better to use megs gold class shampoo then use quik wax? I appreciate all opinions!

Coopers ST
09-01-2015, 08:13 PM
I would use the car wash soap you have. I can't see the wash n wax giving more than a day or two protection. On the spray quick wax, I use a spray sealant or wax every other week

mwoolfso
09-01-2015, 08:23 PM
I would not use a W&W product on a fresh/new protection layer. In principle it kinda defeats the purpose but in reality it probably doesn't hurt one way or the other.

I would use a spray wax midway through the life of the protection layer to get some extended use - BUT - I use Optimum Spray wax which has longer durability than the other spray wax products out there.

Toonces
09-01-2015, 08:59 PM
I would not use a W&W product on a fresh/new protection layer. In principle it kinda defeats the purpose but in reality it probably doesn't hurt one way or the other.

I would use a spray wax midway through the life of the protection layer to get some extended use - BUT - I use Optimum Spray wax which has longer durability than the other spray wax products out there.

+1. Only I apply the Optimum Spray Wax after every wash. It's so easy to do I figure why not get extra protection.

Coopers ST
09-01-2015, 09:08 PM
Is the optimum one you apply to a wet car then dry as normal?

davey g-force
09-01-2015, 09:20 PM
You can use a W&W, but you don't have to, especially if you're going to follow up with a spray wax afterwards.

btw, instead of UQD as you suggested, you should use UQW since you're doing it after a wash and the car will be clean. You'll get more protection that way. You can also use the UQW on a wet car and dry it as normal, which saves time.

BUT - I use Optimum Spray wax which has longer durability than the other spray wax products out there.

Have you tested it against UQW / D156?

Klasse Act
09-01-2015, 09:26 PM
I see nothing wrong with using Meg's Ultimate wash and wax when the car is dirty, its just a WW that cleans and leaves behind a little bit of protection, no harm, no foul IMO. Now because you can't buy it in bulk its not the most cost effective option out there, so use it when in a pinch, i.e. while out and about, a show/cruize night or if you've got the money, whenever you want, LOL!

The Meg's Ultimate spray wax could be used once a month or maybe every other month, I see there being no harm in doing this either, this product is in my collection currently, along with the Meg's Ultimate wash and wax and Meg's Ultimate Compound and I really like them all, alot!

In closing I have to say that when Meg's puts ULTIMATE on something its pretty damn close to that, good job Meg's :props:

Toonces
09-01-2015, 09:35 PM
Is the optimum one you apply to a wet car then dry as normal?

No. I dry the car with a leaf blower and then mist on the Optimum Wax after it's 95%+ dry. Then wipe down with long-nap microfiber towels.