PDA

View Full Version : Car care

v1ru5879
09-01-2015, 06:57 PM
I have my little man to be born the end of October and would like some advice on keeping the 09 charger rt with black leather interior as stain free as possible. Any input? Definitely looking to get a seat protector for the carseat n maybe a towel across the whole back seat? Anyone have any tips?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

7.3powerstroke
09-01-2015, 07:38 PM
You have some good ideas. I know there is some leather coatings out there that could help. Never used them though.
I would also apply a fabric protector like what HD offers. Dont know what else is out there.

Dogfather
09-01-2015, 07:42 PM
Pet Pad Seat Cover Bench Style (http://www.autogeek.net/benchstyle.html)

Not sure if it would interfere with carseat. Looks like it allows access to belts.

rbss
09-01-2015, 07:47 PM
I use a towel under the baby seat to protect the leather. keep kids snack and drinks to a mimimum. Really the rule is no food or drink until we get home unless its a road trip.

Cquartz leather and vinyl (http://www.autogeek.net/cquartz-leather-coating.html)

glfnaz
09-01-2015, 07:53 PM
No Crayons

v1ru5879
09-01-2015, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the input and great suggestions. I really like the pet pad idea along with the cquartz. I actually had the chemical guys sprayable leather cleaner and conditioner to help with upkeep my charger has the suede inserts so would I be able to use the cquartz on that too?

KMdef9
09-01-2015, 09:19 PM
I got a seat protector from Buy Buy Baby. Helps against imprints too.

LittleKing24
09-01-2015, 09:50 PM
Unfortunately I have no tips for you, but do wanna say congratulations! Im expecting a son at the beginning of October, so I should probably keep up with this thread as well lol

v1ru5879
09-01-2015, 10:18 PM
Yeah I'm seeing a seat protector definitely making the cut for the vehicles. The wife has a 2015 jeep cherokee that we need to protect as well so two seat protectors may be in order. I may even consider a large waffle weave to cover the back seas as they are very absorbing and would be easy to clean

DetailDrivenEugene
09-01-2015, 10:49 PM
Don't EVER give them a bottle of milk in the car. Don't ask how I know, but there were maggots involved. Nastiest detail I have ever done!

Congratulations! Kids are the hardest job you will ever love.

v1ru5879
09-03-2015, 10:03 PM
Anyone ever use the chemical guys fabric protector? Came across it and was about to bite on it but figured I would ask some input or if there is something else that works better or more economical

v1ru5879
09-07-2015, 11:39 PM
Bump

CDot
09-08-2015, 09:01 AM
I have my little man to be born the end of October and would like some advice on keeping the 09 charger rt with black leather interior as stain free as possible. Any input? Definitely looking to get a seat protector for the carseat n maybe a towel across the whole back seat? Anyone have any tips?

First off, congrats!!

Initially, the recommendation below is a good one--it will help keep your leather from getting scratched/imprinted. I had my son last summer and we didn't have to worry about any spills really until he was close to a year. I'd say one helpful hint is to have your wife/significant other ride in the back if the baby needs to be fed, so they can prevent any spills. As they get older though, there will be a period where the "no food in the car" rule might be null and void--when a toddler is hungry you feed them and you might not be able to stop.

Regularly inspect/clean the backseat as necessary and get a good leather protectant. As they get older, teach him the importance of being careful in the car, that the car isn't his personal storage bin or trash can, and to always clean up after himself--every time he gets into/out of the car. I have a 10 year old stepdaughter I'm teaching that to currently.

I got a seat protector from Buy Buy Baby. Helps against imprints too.

:iagree:

v1ru5879
09-08-2015, 01:15 PM
First off, congrats!!

Initially, the recommendation below is a good one--it will help keep your leather from getting scratched/imprinted. I had my son last summer and we didn't have to worry about any spills really until he was close to a year. I'd say one helpful hint is to have your wife/significant other ride in the back if the baby needs to be fed, so they can prevent any spills. As they get older though, there will be a period where the "no food in the car" rule might be null and void--when a toddler is hungry you feed them and you might not be able to stop.

Regularly inspect/clean the backseat as necessary and get a good leather protectant. As they get older, teach him the importance of being careful in the car, that the car isn't his personal storage bin or trash can, and to always clean up after himself--every time he gets into/out of the car. I have a 10 year old stepdaughter I'm teaching that to currently.

:iagree:
Any leather protector you would recommend? Have been considering the chem guys leather serum