PDA

View Full Version : Stinky problem-Help

Rastaral39
09-01-2015, 12:46 PM
Ok, we've got a 911 that a guy wants, it's a really nice car, but the previous owner that we purchased it from stuck what looks like a scented urinal cake under the front seat. The scent has permeated the car and smells like a gas station bathroom.I pulled it out and sprayed that area and the whole car with CG odor destroyer closed windows-no luck. Went to Duragloss odor absorber-no luck. Went to Wurth new car scent to try to cover it-same, no luck. I'm going to blast the the inside (being careful) with my McCullough steam cleaner and pray it works. Any ideas? The guy is adamant about removing the odor and I only have the steam left.

forrest@mothers
09-01-2015, 12:53 PM
Have you considered a chlorine dioxide based product?

AutoGeek offers several of them.

Rastaral39
09-01-2015, 01:01 PM
What are we talking about? Products? How do they work?

forrest@mothers
09-01-2015, 01:10 PM
What are we talking about? Products? How do they work?

AutoGeek has several - try one like the Griot's (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-odor-exterminator.html) version.

As the page says, open the container, add a little water and shut the vehicle up for hours. It works very well for cigarette smoke, so I'm thinking it would work for your need.

Goin Rogue
09-01-2015, 01:14 PM
Rent an Ozone machine.

Rastaral39
09-01-2015, 01:17 PM
I just called a company I found on the net that happens to be located here in Cleveland that carries those products and explained to me how they work. Said it was tested in the garbage room of the Cleveland clinic and worked when nobody else's would and sells to a lot of dealerships. Odor control technology inc. is the place. Thanks as always for the help fellow members!

BillE
09-02-2015, 07:36 AM
Interesting thread, thanx all for the info.

Learn sumthin' new everyday...

Bill

Detailing by M
09-22-2015, 02:42 PM
steam clean every inch of it!
Ozon might work but I doubt it.
Then fill a sock full of activated charcoal so absorb the remainder of the odor

GSKR
09-22-2015, 05:13 PM
23 years of detailing forget it . it's probably oil based scent once you agree to take on that job u will lose customer will call u everyday ,better to walk away from it.