PDA

View Full Version : Sealant recommendation

Pages : [1] 2

AutoApollo
09-01-2015, 11:04 AM
Hi everybody, can anyone recommend a good sealant from meguiars or equivalent? I buy most of my products off amazon.ca

The Guz
09-01-2015, 11:33 AM
From Meguiar's M21 or ultimate wax.

whavens
09-01-2015, 11:48 AM
Equivalent sealant would be Menzerna Power Lock. It has become my go-to sealant. Goes on easily with any DA polisher and wipes off easily. Leaves a beautiful shine.

Walter

Ebg18t
09-01-2015, 12:11 PM
Menzerna PL or use CarPro Reload.

Kamakaz1961
09-01-2015, 01:30 PM
Equivalent sealant would be Menzerna Power Lock. It has become my go-to sealant. Goes on easily with any DA polisher and wipes off easily. Leaves a beautiful shine.

Walter

:iagree:

High Caliber
09-01-2015, 01:38 PM

Walter

I'm going to try the Power Lock as Walter mentioned. I now use M21 but will order Power Lock and give that a shot.

:props:

Rsurfer
09-01-2015, 01:41 PM
I'm going to try the Power Lock as Walter mentioned. I now use M21 but will order Power Lock and give that a shot.

:props:

You will like it and it doesn't stain trim.:props:

FUNX650
09-01-2015, 02:06 PM
I recommend that you need to give
Finish Kare's 1000P Hi-Temp Wax a try.

It is factually/actually a Sealant...and is one
car-care product, from a car-care Brand that
has a rather unique relationship with Meguiar's.

Bob

Zubair
09-01-2015, 02:25 PM
I recommend that you need to give
Finish Kare's 1000P Hi-Temp Wax a try.

It is factually/actually a Sealant...and is one
car-care product, from a car-care Brand that
has a rather unique relationship with Meguiar's.

Bob

Bought some from AG, can't wait to try it.

cardaddy
09-01-2015, 02:33 PM

If you like Meguiar's.... M21 2.0 is a great sealant. You can also top it with Ultimate Liquid Wax (which is also a sealant).

Both are good sealants indeed. Then you can top BOTH of those with #26 Yellow Wax which is a hybrid sealant wax. Yes it has carnauba in it, but it is also a polymer sealant. It has for decades now been known as one of the best looking LSP products out there. EVER! :dblthumb2:

Because it has carnauba in it, it's not as durable overall as a pure 'sealant', but over the top of another sealant you get the best of both worlds. The DOI "Distinction Of Image" is in the low/mid 90's. (A mirror is 100%.) Most, (if not almost all) traditional waxes tend to decrease DOI, where #26 actually increases it! It has the ability to (as was explained some years ago) "bend light" and actually increase the gloss, shine, depth, and reflectivity of your paint.

Rsurfer
09-01-2015, 02:40 PM

If you like Meguiar's.... M21 2.0 is a great sealant. You can also top it with Ultimate Liquid Wax (which is also a sealant).

Both are good sealants indeed. Then you can top BOTH of those with #26 Yellow Wax which is a hybrid sealant wax. Yes it has carnauba in it, but it is also a polymer sealant. It has for decades now been known as one of the best looking LSP products out there. EVER! :dblthumb2:

Because it has carnauba in it, it's not as durable overall as a pure 'sealant', but over the top of another sealant you get the best of both worlds. The DOI "Distinction Of Image" is in the low/mid 90's. (A mirror is 100%.) Most, (if not almost all) traditional waxes tend to decrease DOI, where #26 actually increases it! It has the ability to (as was explained some years ago) "bend light" and actually increase the gloss, shine, depth, and reflectivity of your paint.

Sounds like some MOL jargon.

AutoApollo
09-01-2015, 05:14 PM

Which ultimate wax?

The Guz
09-01-2015, 06:48 PM
Which ultimate wax?

Meguiar's

AutoApollo
09-01-2015, 07:24 PM
Meguiar's

So the ultimate liquid wax? Or is that not just regular wax and not a sealant

The Guz
09-01-2015, 07:32 PM
So the ultimate liquid wax? Or is that not just regular wax and not a sealant

Ultimate liquid wax and ultimate paste wax are both sealants. They are essentially the same product other than the ingredients to make the paste a paste. The liquid version won't stain trim.