PDA

View Full Version : OK, now what?

roguerobot
08-31-2015, 09:42 PM
So, I bought the DA, did the compound, polish and wax of my three cars...heck, even the minivan!

So now that they are all shiny and scratch-free...now what? Obviously I don't want to do too much paint correcting, as then you won't have anymore paint, so I suppose I keep an eye out for scratches and spot correct.

Beyond that, just wash and occasionally wax? Should I be using an AIO regularly, or maybe a non-abrasive cleaner like Klasse AIO?

Seems a shame to be done after all the fun I had getting my cars all shiny again.

Mask
08-31-2015, 10:04 PM
Sounds like it is time to buy different LSP and dressing to play around :D

SKorch630
08-31-2015, 10:16 PM
Maintenance.

wing commander
09-01-2015, 01:56 AM
Do you have a boat,jet ski,washer and dryer,lawn mower,atv,scooter,motorcycle,neighbors,friends,fam ily? You see you have just begun!

Paul A.
09-01-2015, 07:49 AM
Refine your wash and dry techniques to avoid any marring of the paint. Then play with some QDer's you might want to try and decide on your favorite.

And don't worry. If you used a conventional carnauba based wax you'll find it extremely perishable and you'll get to reapply it frequently.

FUNX650
09-01-2015, 08:03 AM
So now that they are all shiny and scratch-free...now what?

Seems a shame to be done after all the fun
I had getting my cars all shiny again.
I'd take this opportunity to take them out and
enjoy driving some well-detailed vehicles.

And watch how the onlookers go Ga-Ga...
while rushing to get their sunglasses.

Go ahead: Live it up a little bit!

Bob

Mike Phillips
09-01-2015, 08:33 AM
Now buy a high quality one-step cleaner/wax and use this to quickly maintain your hard work.

The paint on daily drivers gets stained with road film. If you want to maintain with a non-cleaning wax this means you would have to re-polish.

Kill two birds with one stone and use a one-step cleaner/wax.

It's fast.
It's easy.
It preserves your hard work.

Read this....

Here's why you need to polish paint... (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/68100-here-s-why-you-need-polish-paint.html)

And then read this....

How to choose and use a one-step cleaner/wax by Mike Phillips (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/81546-how-choose-one-step-cleaner-wax.html)

And congratulations on your successful detail journey.

:dblthumb2:

Desertnate
09-01-2015, 09:07 AM
So, I bought the DA, did the compound, polish and wax of my three cars...heck, even the minivan!

So now that they are all shiny and scratch-free...now what? Obviously I don't want to do too much paint correcting, as then you won't have anymore paint, so I suppose I keep an eye out for scratches and spot correct.

Beyond that, just wash and occasionally wax? Should I be using an AIO regularly, or maybe a non-abrasive cleaner like Klasse AIO?

Seems a shame to be done after all the fun I had getting my cars all shiny again.

What type of wax did you use? I would not do any type of AIO application until that wax begins to wear away, otherwise the AIO will actually remove your existing wax.

Since you're just finished, I'd just keep them clean and enjoy the fruit of your labor.

roguerobot
09-01-2015, 09:17 AM
I used Ultimate Liquid Wax