PDA

View Full Version : Just detailed my 1999 Mercedes Benz C280 - What's the best combo Menzerna product?

Matador
08-31-2015, 07:30 PM
I looooove this car. I got it for cheap from my Ex's dad. Since then I've done some little mods to it and fallen in love with it.

The paint is not in bad condition outside of some rust that I plan to fix....but I got really frustrated because I couldn't get rid of the 'specks?' I used the least aggressive approach and used my Menzerna SF4500 with Uber/Buff n Shine 'blue' glaze/final polish shine. It got rid of the massive swirls...but still some little 'flakes' or specks remained. I then went backwards some and used PF2500 with the Uber/Buff n Shine 'green' polish pad. No change. Finally, I said screw it and busted out the FG400 and the orange 'polish' pad and went to town on it.

Did 6 passes for each...and NO change!! I don't know what to do now....

Is the 'specks' the best that this paint could turn out like? I wish I could post pics of the paint...but I tried for like 10mins with my phone (iphone6 plus which has an amazing camera), and I couldn't get anything.

The car looks sooo sweet...but it's sooo swirl ridden and I decided to not put in the effort until I get the right combo down to get this thing like a new piece of glass. I ended up just using powerlock and called it a day.

Here she is. :)

http://i59.tinypic.com/mscit.jpg

Mask
08-31-2015, 09:27 PM
Meguiars microfiber cutting pad or long wool pad might do the trick ;)

Matador
08-31-2015, 09:37 PM
Dang! I have those pads...but I gave up haha.

Mask
08-31-2015, 09:44 PM
Dang! I have those pads...but I gave up haha.

White tends to be on hard side.
Give those pads a try somedays :D

Matador
08-31-2015, 09:50 PM
I've used them in the past. They get SOOO hot so fast! Burnt out some pads because I overused them, the backing/hook and loops no longer held on the backing plate! Learned my lesson and use two at a time, do a panel and switch, cool with my compressed air, and puff it up. Using 2 at a time is the way to go.

Will have to give it a shot though next week...Damn white cars!!