PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic Pro vs. Modesta

Pages : [1] 2

JT3
08-31-2015, 07:22 PM
Hi, i'm from Perú. I have a question. The treatment with Modesta BC-04 or BC-05 ,here in Perú, costs $400 and with Ceramic Pro Silver Package (1 layer of 9H + 1 layer of Light + 1 layer of Rain) costs $450.

Which of this two is better? Here in Peru there aren't more options.

Thanks and greetings from Perú!

KoshiL
08-31-2015, 08:16 PM
Thats way too low for a Silver package.

JT3
09-01-2015, 11:36 AM
That's the cost and specs here.

I just wanna know which is better.

Thanks!

EDG89
09-02-2015, 11:33 PM
Both are glass coating, both are good, but the prices are really low, you ought to make sure they are giving the product they offer.

Billy Baldone
09-03-2015, 02:26 AM
Keep in mind, he is in Peru, the pricing may be completely different.

Ebg18t
09-03-2015, 05:15 AM
We don't know if the price he posted is in U.S. Dollars or Peruvian Sols.

$1.00 Peruvian Sol = $0.31 U.S. dollar

The $450 PEN service = $138.31 USD

Something just seems odd with the pricing. Maybe he is quoting USD. Or maybe the labor rate there is just super cheap.

If I only had those 2 to choose from I would probably go Modesta. But I have no hands on experience with either, only what I have read.

Andy B. Cool
09-03-2015, 05:39 AM
I would use Gtechniq the price point is much lower and the products are better and easier to use IMO.

RPM_BR
09-03-2015, 05:51 AM
It is a tough question, since I believe Ceramic Pro is slightly inferior than Modesta, but then it is three layers against one.
I would choose Modesta. The car looks like it was covered with liquid glass.

HUMP DIESEL
09-03-2015, 06:53 AM
It is a tough question, since I believe Ceramic Pro is slightly inferior than Modesta, but then it is three layers against one.
I would choose Modesta. The car looks like it was covered with liquid glass.

It's only two layers on the paint, he is getting quoted for a layer on the glass (Rain).

I am biased, I am a Modesta Installer, so I would say Modesta, but for the same reason you have mentioned, the candy like gloss is phenomenal and the rated durability is 3-10 years depending on care and environment of course.
He mentioned two different coatings in the Modesta line.
BC-04 is the harder of the two with it having a more water sheeting effect.
BC-05 is the super hydrophobic option. Both will give the candy gloss and they are thicker than other coatings on the market when applied correctly.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/90930-mercedes-cls63-amg-swirled-out-mess.html

HUMP

7.3powerstroke
09-03-2015, 07:27 AM
Hump. What would the price typically run for Modesta for a average sized 4 door sedan? Thanks

HUMP DIESEL
09-03-2015, 12:10 PM
Hump. What would the price typically run for Modesta for a average sized 4 door sedan? Thanks

In the U.S. Application cost is $1200, some areas may be more. That does not include prep work.

It's expensive, but it looks pretty wicked! I have three vehicles out right now with it, two I maintain on a regular basis. The Mercedes I keep in touch with and he is happy. I have also coated the wheels on one of the other two and I just washed it last week. Just soap and water on the wheels, nothing else needed.

HUMP

7.3powerstroke
09-03-2015, 01:35 PM
In the U.S. Application cost is $1200, some areas may be more. That does not include prep work.

It's expensive, but it looks pretty wicked! I have three vehicles out right now with it, two I maintain on a regular basis. The Mercedes I keep in touch with and he is happy. I have also coated the wheels on one of the other two and I just washed it last week. Just soap and water on the wheels, nothing else needed.

HUMP

Cool, thanks for replying. Seems to be an extremely good looking coating.

HUMP DIESEL
09-03-2015, 01:39 PM
Cool, thanks for replying. Seems to be an extremely good looking coating.

My pleasure, it is a tremendous coating.

HUMP

FUNX650
09-03-2015, 02:19 PM
:help: ...Still can't find these products @AGO's store... :help:
We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store (http://www.autogeek.net/?fromMobileSite=true)

Results for Modesta - Search (http://autogeek.commerce-search.net/search?catalog=autogeek&query=Modesta&x=32&y=11)

Results for Ceramic Pro - Search (http://autogeek.commerce-search.net/search?catalog=autogeek&query=Ceramic+Pro&x=43&y=12)

Bob

7.3powerstroke
09-03-2015, 04:07 PM
Keep looking bob, maybe you missed it