PDA

View Full Version : Is waterless wash w/carnauba a dust magnet when used over...

hoyt66
08-30-2015, 05:14 AM
a paint sealant. I use Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash with Carnauba, waterless car wash, eco friendly car wash products (http://www.autogeek.net/pinnacle-waterless-car-wash.html)
And is there enough carnauba in it to change the "glassy" look of a paint sealant?

Mask
08-30-2015, 05:32 AM
Carnauba to me is a nightmare on black paint :p
Lots and tons of dust!!!

hoyt66
08-30-2015, 05:51 AM
Carnauba to me is a nightmare on black paint :p
Lots and tons of dust!!!

I agree . So I'm using a sealant to help out with that. I also use a ww that had carnauba in it. Is there enough carnauba in it that I'm defeating my purpose? Maybe switch to a rinseless? I kind of like the ww with the carnauba thinking it has more lubrication???

Mask
08-30-2015, 06:47 AM
If you like wash & wax then
I suggest look into Meguiars D115 :)
You may try it at:
1:4 / 1:8 or even 1:20
The lubricity & gloss it left behind is excellent. I like it at 1:8

Regards

silverfox
08-30-2015, 07:46 AM
The pinnacle product referenced is excellent. I've not seen it act as a dust magnetic in the same manner a conventional carnuba wax absolutely does. My guess...there is very little carnuba in it.

Also, D115 is without equal imo.

FUNX650
08-30-2015, 09:26 AM
I kind of like the ww with the carnauba thinking it has more lubrication???

It's quite possible that the "form" in which the
carnauba wax takes/appears, in the WW-w/carnauba
product you are using, may act to provide lubrication.

However:
Whenever I think of carnauba wax being used as
a lubricant, I think of its usage in the casting of bullets.

Bob

mrbtd
08-30-2015, 10:26 AM
I had the Chemical guys Eco Smart and noticed the same thing. I now use the D115 and it does not attract dust the same way.

AGOatemywallet
08-30-2015, 10:54 PM
Pinnacle Rinesless with Carnuba is one of the three worst product I have ever used

Streaks

Too much buffing required