PDA

View Full Version : Dr colorchip curing times

bguiliano
08-29-2015, 09:43 AM
Hi all,

if i applied DCC this past wed evening 8/26. Is it too soon to wash and wax the car this sunday, 8/31?

also i have some clear coat pen from the dealership
is it a good idea to apply that over the dcc repair?

if so, how?

thanks

medicscott
08-29-2015, 09:48 AM
After 10 minutes in theory you could wash the car, the paint is dry. But i'd wait at least an hour.

Not understanding why you would want to put dealer paint over the colorchip repair?? They are the exact same color and Dr. Colorchip system is 1000X more friendly to work with in case you make an error.

bguiliano
08-29-2015, 09:51 AM
After 10 minutes in theory you could wash the car, the paint is dry. But i'd wait at least an hour.

Not understanding why you would want to put dealer paint over the colorchip repair?? They are the exact same color and Dr. Colorchip system is 1000X more friendly to work with in case you make an error.

the VW set comes with a paint pen and a separate clear coat pen. i was asking just about the clear coat pen.

I thought i read on DCC site to wait about a week before adding wax...i was thinking of adding a bit sooner because I'm not going to be able to do it mid-week and would then have to wait till next weekend.

medicscott
08-29-2015, 10:00 AM
the VW set comes with a paint pen and a separate clear coat pen. i was asking just about the clear coat pen.

I thought i read on DCC site to wait about a week before adding wax...i was thinking of adding a bit sooner because I'm not going to be able to do it mid-week and would then have to wait till next weekend.

Ive added wax/coating hours after, never had an issue....as for the clear there is no need to do that. They have long term data that suggests their paint does not discolor or shrink over time ( I think 8 years)

Mittenz
08-29-2015, 12:11 PM
Ive added wax/coating hours after, never had an issue....as for the clear there is no need to do that. They have long term data that suggests their paint does not discolor or shrink over time ( I think 8 years)Any other tips than what they show in their site? I need to order some and do it on my car.

MarkD51
08-29-2015, 01:14 PM
Any other tips than what they show in their site? I need to order some and do it on my car.

I know they have vids, and perhaps there's more on youtube. Plenty written here as well.