PDA

View Full Version : HD Polish or Reflect

Pages : [1] 2

DogRescuer
08-29-2015, 08:47 AM
It seems for the money choosing HD is the way to go, but how about results? Lets have your results/opinions.

medicscott
08-29-2015, 08:53 AM
It seems for the money choosing HD is the way to go, but how about results? Lets have your results/opinions.

For the $$ you can't go wrong...HD Speed is best in class, their other polishes are VERY good, not the best IMO. But depending on what you are looking to accomplish HD Products are an excellent choice for someone looking to keep within a budget.

silverfox
08-29-2015, 08:53 AM
I had both. No longer have reflect. In fact I've dumped every finishing polish I ever owned once I used HD polish.

DogRescuer
08-29-2015, 08:56 AM
For the $$ you can't go wrong...HD Speed is best in class, their other polishes are VERY good, not the best IMO. But depending on what you are looking to accomplish HD Products are an excellent choice for someone looking to keep within a budget.
Thanks

7.3powerstroke
08-29-2015, 10:21 AM
Dont forget Optimum Hyper Polish

mbpress01
08-29-2015, 10:22 AM

Can you let me know your thoughts are on what is the best. Right now I use all menzerna but the new scheme is just too much. I used 4000 this weekend and wow did my car look great. I ran three test spots - black Lexus gs350 - and the 4000 was significantly deeper than either 2500 or 4500. The Lexus paint is very tricky and I still had microfine scratches, which really bothered me but it is a daily driver. I am looking for the "best" polish that has some cut but finishes as best in class. Any thoughts appreciated.

DaveT435
08-29-2015, 10:29 AM
I had both. No longer have reflect. In fact I've dumped every finishing polish I ever owned once I used HD polish.

If that stuff is that good I guess it's time to open the bottle I have on the shelf.

VP Mark
08-29-2015, 11:24 AM
HD Polisb. My reflect collects dust.

Recon 4th 502nd
08-29-2015, 11:44 AM

Dont forget Optimum Hyper Polish

Got Both :dblthumb2:

DogRescuer
08-29-2015, 11:52 AM
HD Polisb. My reflect collects dust.
So sell me it

Ebg18t
08-29-2015, 01:27 PM
I think it depends on the paint as to which is best.

medicscott
08-29-2015, 01:41 PM
Can you let me know your thoughts are on what is the best. Right now I use all menzerna but the new scheme is just too much. I used 4000 this weekend and wow did my car look great. I ran three test spots - black Lexus gs350 - and the 4000 was significantly deeper than either 2500 or 4500. The Lexus paint is very tricky and I still had microfine scratches, which really bothered me but it is a daily driver. I am looking for the "best" polish that has some cut but finishes as best in class. Any thoughts appreciated.

So if your asking for my opinion Pinnacle makes the best polish around. The deadly combo of Advanced Compoud followed by Advanced Finishing Polish, and if you prepping for a coating their Surface Cleaning Polish is a 1...2...3 combo that works great for me.

I also use Menzerna which is a close second but their compound 400 is not nearly as aggressive as Pinnacle. Pinnacle also wipes easier and has less oil. I've tried them all from 3D AAT to Meguires and Pinnacle is the most user friendly with the best results for me using a Flex 3401. I'm sure others have their own opinions, but Pinnacle is my go to choice.

Zubair
08-29-2015, 02:03 PM
Rupes Keramik Yellow Gloss Fine Gel Compound is the finishing polish to use and own. Try the 250ml bottle first and you will be buying the larger ones soon after. This coming from an Ultimate Polish, Menzerna SF4000 user.

Rsurfer
08-29-2015, 02:09 PM

4500 is a finishing polish and you say it left micro marring on your paint? What pad were you using?

Rsurfer
08-29-2015, 02:11 PM
So if your asking for my opinion Pinnacle makes the best polish around. The deadly combo of Advanced Compoud followed by Advanced Finishing Polish, and if you prepping for a coating their Surface Cleaning Polish is a 1...2...3 combo that works great for me.

I also use Menzerna which is a close second but their compound 400 is not nearly as aggressive as Pinnacle. Pinnacle also wipes easier and has less oil. I've tried them all from 3D AAT to Meguires and Pinnacle is the most user friendly with the best results for me using a Flex 3401. I'm sure others have their own opinions, but Pinnacle is my go to choice.

Who makes Pinnacle polishes. I'm guessing Menzerna.