PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari FF

Pages : [1] 2

Setec Astronomy
08-27-2015, 11:50 AM
I saw one of these yesterday, only from the back--it kind of looked like a 2-door Panamera from that angle...but I was unfamiliar with the model so I had to look it up. Definitely not your father's Ferrari...

Ferrari FF: the most versatile car ever produced by the Prancing Horse (http://auto.ferrari.com/en_US/sports-cars-models/car-range/ff/)

Desertnate
08-27-2015, 11:58 AM
Top Gear ran one around a snow/ice track a few seasons ago. The Stig drove it head to head against an AWD Bentley Continental GT.

I have a strange taste in cars, but think the FF is beautiful.

Setec Astronomy
08-27-2015, 12:05 PM
See, once again I'm out of the loop. They don't let me out of the old folks home too often.

Mike lambert
08-27-2015, 12:23 PM
Very nice car, very practical for trips and comfortable to drive

Souldetailer
08-27-2015, 12:48 PM
Yeah, whoop de doo. What's the towing capacity, huh?
I rest my case.

Peace,

Darrin

FUNX650
08-27-2015, 03:13 PM
"...starting on the ugly side of $300,000."

Bob

Desertnate
08-27-2015, 04:04 PM
"...starting on the ugly side of $300,000."

Bob

Yeah...but it's a V12 powered, AWD, shooting brake Ferrari! For weirdos like me who love hatchbacks and shooting brake body styles, it doesn't get any better than the FF. At 651bhp, that sucker has more than twice the power of a Golf R or RS3!

Not like I'd ever have a hope of owning one...heck, I've never even seen one in person...

Setec Astronomy
08-27-2015, 04:09 PM
heck, I've never even seen one in person...

I have! It was black.

Paul A.
08-27-2015, 04:17 PM
When i saw it i thought of the BMW M Coupes from some years ago...that confused racer/station wagon looking design.

Desertnate
08-27-2015, 04:29 PM
I have! It was black.

So envious! I find it a stunning piece of machinery. I like Ferrari's in general, but I really have a soft spot for the FF.

When i saw it i thought of the BMW M Coupes from some years ago...that confused racer/station wagon looking design.

It does have that same idea going. Shooting brakes are almost unknown in the US and even rare in Europe. The only car I can think of besides the M Coupe to hit the streets here are some of the later hardtop Jag E-types.

If you Google "shooting brake" and go to the images you'll see some interesting vehicles. There is even an image of a C7 Vette. I couldn't tell if the image was a CG rendering or a physical concept/mock-up. I rather liked it...

Setec Astronomy
08-27-2015, 04:45 PM
So envious! I find it a stunning piece of machinery. I like Ferrari's in general, but I really have a soft spot for the FF.

I guess I just don't get that excited anymore, LOL! I'll sell you the memory--oh wait that was some tv show. Don't be envious, I didn't get that good a look, I just saw the big prancing horse on the back so I was curious, and just caught a little rear quarter glimpse as it disappeared into traffic.

Klasse Act
08-27-2015, 07:09 PM

I've seen them at our cars and coffee's here and they don't look too bad and I love the comparison of the M coupe for sure!

Just a little jab here Bob but leave it to a Corvette guy to bring up the price of exotic car, LOL! Exclusivity costs and the people who buy them demand it, just the way it is. Rumor has it a coupe version of the car is coming out and there's a V6 "mule" of something running around, sounds like a modern Dino is just around the corner to compete with the Cayman and Evora, etc.

Paul A.
08-28-2015, 08:16 AM
Yes. My previous definition of oxymoron was the M Coupe however it changed when i saw an E46 M3 with a trailer hitch one day in traffic!

I really don't mind the look and design of the FF however will admit to being just a bit unsettled by what i call "diluting the brand" i.e. expanding model lines to appeal to different elements. To that point, i STILL don't like Porsche SUV's.

Desertnate
08-28-2015, 08:28 AM
Yes. My previous definition of oxymoron was the M Coupe however it changed when i saw an E46 M3 with a trailer hitch one day in traffic!

I really don't mind the look and design of the FF however will admit to being just a bit unsettled by what i call "diluting the brand" i.e. expanding model lines to appeal to different elements. To that point, i STILL don't like Porsche SUV's.

Agree 100% on the Porsche SUV's. Sadly, they are a huge profit source for the company. I know in my area the few Porsches I see are ALL SUV's. Not a single car in sight.

How do you feel the FF is diluting the brand? The car is still a two-door, V12 powered monster. The only odd things about it is the rear hatch and the AWD. Ferrari has built cars with a back seat in the past. At least it's still a NA V12 and not a turbo'd V8 like what's in the 488 now.

Setec Astronomy
08-28-2015, 08:44 AM
To that point, i STILL don't like Porsche SUV's.

I actually don't mind the Cayennes...but I think the Panamera is ugly.

The only odd things about it is the rear hatch and the AWD.

Ha--that was one of the reasons I looked it up, because I wondered what was going on with it in the back, but the Ferrari website didn't have one picture of it with the hatch open, so I wasn't even sure until you said that.