PDA

View Full Version : Best for purple

ovepolished
08-27-2015, 05:27 AM
Ok this is going to sound like a silly question but what to use on purple?
A little background here is in order.

I am by no means a professional detailer but I have been doing it for years both with my obsession as well as on weekends for select cars and clients. I recently picked up a client that the job must be perfect as he has connections with people that I want ( he owns a fairly high end body shop )

The car is a 73 numbers matching challenger is plum crazy. The paint is 2 stage with lots of clear on it and is in probably 85% perfect condition with only 1 small section that has slight swirls and a bit of hologram on the roof bear the windshield from being done 2 years ago with a rotary.

Of all the vehicles I have done in the last 20 years I have never done this color. The reason why I'm asking is will it perform more like a red or a black? Any specifics that work on paint of this color?

Lastly does anyone have any recommendations for a light polish as I'm almost out of my usual. ( I live in canada so shipping some.of this stuff into the country is not cost effective ) something without a ton of fillers would.be great.

parttimer
08-27-2015, 06:21 AM
M205 or megs ultimate polish available? I can't comment on a LSP for it, never done plum crazy, but man its a hot color! Good luck.

FUNX650
08-27-2015, 07:46 AM
Since you said that this vehicle's "paint is 2 stage
with lots of clear on it"; and, if the clear is not a
Tint-coat; then: the purple color that constitutes the
base-coat should have little to no bearing on the
your choice of detailing products, IMO.

You want to make the CC: As Smooth As Possible.

•Light polishing product?
-Meguiar's M205 fits the bill.

•LSP product(s)?
-Sealant(s).

Bob

FOCUS.FREAK
08-27-2015, 11:43 AM
I use Menzerna power lock it really Makes my metallic pop.

ovepolished
08-27-2015, 04:09 PM
Since you said that this vehicle's "paint is 2 stage
with lots of clear on it"; and, if the clear is not a
Tint-coat; then: the purple color that constitutes the
base-coat should have little to no bearing on the
your choice of detailing products, IMO.

You want to make the CC: As Smooth As Possible.

•Light polishing product?
-Meguiar's M205 fits the bill.

•LSP product(s)?
-Sealant(s).

Bob

I disagree a bit with that. I have products I would use on white and silver that don't work the best on black. I wasn't referring to the type.of polish more to the waxes and such

DaveT435
08-27-2015, 04:21 PM
Dodo Juice Purple Haze

FUNX650
08-27-2015, 04:30 PM
I disagree a bit with that. I have products I would use on white and silver that don't work the best on black. I wasn't referring to the type.of polish more to the waxes and such
Are you mostly working on SS paint systems?

And...if you don't mind:
Please go ahead and name those products.

TIA.

Bob

ovepolished
08-27-2015, 04:53 PM
Dodo juice is something I have never tried. I have heard some good things regarding that maybe I'll do bit of research. Anything particular you like about it ?

ovepolished
08-27-2015, 06:43 PM
Are you mostly working on SS paint systems?

And...if you don't mind:
Please go ahead and name those products.

TIA.

Bob

Maybe I wasn't clear in my statement. Most everything you can use there are just some I find more work than needed. The only ones I have had any issues with have been upw. Love the stuff and find it a great product but I have had some streaking on dark colour while.never on light. Then again I used it on my DD red cooper and it came out flawless. Also while I love ultimate compound I find I need to use ultimate polish afterward on a dark car while anything mark wise wouldn't be noticicable on white. From a cost perspective I would ůse other on dark if I had to do a 2 stage.