PDA

View Full Version : Curbed my wheel

frankprozzoly
08-26-2015, 01:48 PM
Anyway of making this a little better looking? I'm so aggravated with myself. There's not a scratch that can be seen on the car up until now. Partsgeek sells one for $150 I'll have to call to see if it's made by the same company

Mittenz
08-26-2015, 01:51 PM
I did the same thing last night. SMH I haven't curbed a wheel in over 20 yrs, and I did it on my baby. I was pulling up to a subdivision where you got to put a stupid code in to open the gate. I was worried about the mirror, yet getting close enough to reach. I got home, took a quick glance, and was so disgusted I just walked into the house. It looks about like yours. The other week I had just spent 6 hrs on my wheels making them look new.

mrbtd
08-26-2015, 02:15 PM
I just recently tackled this type of repair on a highly polished stainless wheel...sand smooth 400,800,1500 and then Meguiars heavy cut metal polish followed by fine cut...It turned out pretty good.

Your challenge is the machined finish but I bet most of that will clean up and then some polish. It will need to be polished often though since the repaired area wont have clear coat.

frankprozzoly
08-26-2015, 02:18 PM
I'll give it a shot

lokerola
08-26-2015, 03:41 PM
My wife recently curbed the alloy wheel on my 13 Accord. I may try mrbtd's recommendation. If it screws up the wheel I was looking at replacing it anyway.

Billy Baldone
08-26-2015, 07:00 PM
Go test drive a similar car from the dealer...... For a little bit.....

swanicyouth
08-26-2015, 07:22 PM
Just get the wheel refinished or a new wheel. Doesn't cost too much. You will never get it to look factory by repairing it yourself and it will big the crap out of you every time you clean your wheels.

This is prolly a better idea:

Mantilgh
08-26-2015, 07:58 PM

Ha, this guy. Just pick a shop or park around the corner. They would probably never know.