PDA

View Full Version : Help on New Car Paint

lonye
08-26-2015, 11:23 AM
Hi,

I made some post some days ago prior to receiving my new car. It is a Black Ford Focus.
I have 2 weeks of rain since I received it so I couldn’t inspect the car properly.
Now that I could wash it with CG Citrus Wash and see it I'm really unhappy... It's full of swirls and what I think are Holograms (I didn't know it was possible on new cars...).
Can Holograms be confused by lots of swirls on black paint? I'll try to post some pictures at night.

I really don't want the dealer to touch my car again so I'd like to have some advice on how to remove them.
I have a 6'' GG with Purple Wood, Orange, White and Black Pads, and these Compounds / Polishes (I Think I'm ordering in an aggressiveness scale):

- M105
- Ultimate Compound
- Wolfgang Uber
- Menzerna SIP 1500
- CarPro Fixer
- M205
- Menzerna SF4500

Despite I'll be doing some test spot to dial the best combination, what would be your first approach? I was thinking of White pad +M205 followed by Black Pad with SF4500. Would these be enough to tackle holograms?

Does anyone have experience with Ford Focus Black paint? Is it hard?

I've only polish my Ford Fiesta Using SIP 1500 and it finished nicely, at list for a grey car. I think Black is going to be more difficult.

I'd like to leave surface in the best possible way since I'd like to apply Cquartz over (as you help me decide in other post).
Until I get Cquartz (I live in Argentina, shipping take long time) I'll apply WDGPS 3.0 to protect paint.

Please, any help, advance or comments will be very much appreciated.

Tanks in advance!

Mantilgh
08-26-2015, 10:06 PM
Sorry to hear that dealerships in Argentina do this too. You should be able to use the products you already have to fix it. Just do like you thought and try them out staring with the less aggressive ones.

Here's a similar thread started just the other day.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/94595-upset-about-condition-my-brand-new-car-when-i-bought.html

lonye
08-27-2015, 08:35 PM
Thanks for your answer.
I really wish I will be able to fix my paint...

Paul A.
08-28-2015, 08:04 AM
I am sure you have everything you need to fix it to your standards. Holograms on a new vehicle is evidence someone took a machine to it at some point prior to delivery to you. That's not uncommon and is easily fixed. Plus the fact black paint will tell you immediately what combination will look best to you. Unlike your grey car.