PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of Detailing Boot Camp

whavens
08-26-2015, 10:12 AM
Benefits of detailing Boot Camp

I attended the July 2015 Detailing Boot Camp and have been amazed at the benefits that I have reaped from the classes.

I have been able to raise my prices from a much too low $125-150 prior to camp to a baseline for my lowest tier package of $200-250.

I have more work now. I am not turning away work, but am much busier than I was prior to camp.

My knowledge and abilities have dramatically improved and my comfort level in many areas has increased.

I met a wonderful group of like-minded people and still maintain contact with a few of them.

The biggest (and perhaps less well known) benefit is having the ability to call Mike or Nick if I have any questions, as they give you their direct extensions at the end of class.

If you are considering attending the Boot Camp, I can recommend it without reservation. I only wish I had gone sooner.

Walter

:dblthumb2:

Mike Phillips
08-31-2015, 03:38 PM
Hey thanks Walter for the first-hand testimony.

I get feedback from guys that have attended our classes and it's always great to hear how they are making more money and creating a strong and loyal base of premium customers instead of price shoppers but all too often they never share this on the forum.

I thank you.

whavens
09-01-2015, 06:19 AM
And I thank you, Nick and Autogeek for offering the Boot camp. It is a lot of work, but it is more fun and such a treat working on the cars that you get for the camp.

Walter

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

DeansDetailing
09-01-2015, 06:54 AM
Benefits of detailing Boot Camp
I have been able to raise my prices from a much too low $125-150 prior to camp to a baseline for my lowest tier package of $200-250.

I have more work now. I am not turning away work, but am much busier than I was prior to camp.

Walter,

The class is definitely on my To-Do list in the future. However, I am wondering how the class equates to being able to raise your prices? Also, why do you have more work simply from attending the class?

Are able to leverage the credentials of taking the class in your advertising...and that gave you more work?

whavens
09-01-2015, 07:08 AM
My work has improved and I have used this increased level of skills to raise my prices. I will be making the transition to an LLC later this month, but I think the increase in business has been due to word of mouth, as much of it has come from a pilot friend of mine, whose car has been seen at the airport where his hanger is.

I have found that pilots that own their planes tend to have nice cars and have decent disposable income. They are having a car show this weekend at the airport and I have been asked to be a judge of the show. I am really looking forward to the show.

Walter

Mike Phillips
09-01-2015, 08:28 AM
Walter,

The class is definitely on my To-Do list in the future. However, I am wondering how the class equates to being able to raise your prices? Also, why do you have more work simply from attending the class?

Are able to leverage the credentials of taking the class in your advertising...and that gave you more work?

Great question and an easy to answer question too....

All the way through the class I'm continually teaching, even when we're working. I use the procedures you're doing and learning and teach you how to use what you're learning to educate your customer.

The way you increase your prices starts with targeting high value customers, not price shoppers. The way you sell them on your services rather than someone offering similar services is by educating them with your knowledge.

It's seems simple but it's really how it works.

After you educate your customer if they choose not to go with you and go anywhere else and "talk" to someone else they'll find out real fast who really knows what they are talking about.

Getting paid more means doing better work but the selling part comes from education your customer.

Education is the key and when you attend one of my classes I do a brain dump for thee days in a row. It is your job to listen and learn.

I truly believe there is no better class on the face of this earth than the one I teach here at Autogeek. And the testimonies from the people that attend these classes back it up.

Testimonies for Autogeek's Detailing Boot Camp Classes (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/sign-up-detailing-bootcamp-class-2-day-class/78218-testimonies-autogeek-s-detailing-boot-camp-classes.html)

Besides all the tools and education... to me what makes my classes fun and not school is the amazing cars I bring in for my class to work on. And these are all documented to and documented MORE than any other class you can attend. No one shares as many pictures of the cars and the hands-on action that you experience at a detailing class like I do for my classes. No one.

By the way, for the September class I've secured a black, swirled out 1966 Chevelle for the class to train on. Working on getting some pictures of it for the forum.

:)

DeansDetailing
09-06-2015, 07:42 PM
Mike,

I missed your response somehow.

I see your point(s) entirely and they make perfect sense.

I am in soft launch mode right now. Literally, all my work is from word of mouth at work and facebook.

I should start to get higher end vehicles (Audi S4 and Challenger SRT8) the middle of the month and start of next month. One car at a time.

After I have a decent portfolio I'll work on marketing. I'm actually at capacity (being part time) now without any marketing and just started a few months ago.

I am pushing paint preparation and correction heavily.

I really owe everything to you, Mike. All your articles and videos have served me VERY well. I have your Ebook too.

I probably won't be able to get to your class until next year, but you WILL see me there sometime soon!

dlc95
09-06-2015, 10:00 PM
Thank you for posting this, Walter.

This sounds like something I would love to do.

My gf and I will be in Florida next summer for a wedding, and she suggested that I see if any classes are offered around the time that we will be there. If that doesn't tell me I've got the right girl, I don't know what does!

Just about every day I review a Mike Phillips video on YouTube, just to stay connected, to see if there is anything I may have missed, and to reinforce the things I've learned thus far.

I can only imagine how much more of an pact the lessons make in a live, in person, hands on environment.

Congrats man!

rcoops77
09-06-2015, 10:41 PM
Wish we had a boot camp like this down under!!

Mike Phillips
09-10-2015, 03:45 PM
I really owe everything to you, Mike. All your articles and videos have served me VERY well. I have your Ebook too.

Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate it.

I probably won't be able to get to your class until next year, but you WILL see me there sometime soon!

The good news is the classes are continually getting better and better. They're all great, just always getting better.

:xyxthumbs:

whavens
09-10-2015, 07:35 PM
Thank you for posting this, Walter.

This sounds like something I would love to do.

My gf and I will be in Florida next summer for a wedding, and she suggested that I see if any classes are offered around the time that we will be there. If that doesn't tell me I've got the right girl, I don't know what does!

Just about every day I review a Mike Phillips video on YouTube, just to stay connected, to see if there is anything I may have missed, and to reinforce the things I've learned thus far.

I can only imagine how much more of an pact the lessons make in a live, in person, hands on environment.

Congrats man!

It really was a lot of fun, but a lot of work too. Shortly after I got back home I detailed a friend's street rod (a custom Rambler American station wagon) and it won its class at the Labor Day car show at the local airport. There were over 400 cars in the show.

I have Mike and Nick to thank for that. Working on the cars in the class really helped me with that detail. I actually talked to both of them today, as busy as they stay they both took the time to chat.

If you can work the class in when you are in FL I highly recommend it.

Walter

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk