PDA

View Full Version : WDGPS 3.0 runny

mcate
08-26-2015, 07:53 AM
I started to use on a car last night. I don't use it very often, so I shook the bottle really well. When I applied it to a pad it was VERY watery. I opened the bottle & took a screwdriver & stirred the bottom, but didn't find that anything had hardened or was stuck to the bottom. It was cool last night, like in the low 70's. Last time I used it was this past spring. I know I don't use it very often, but I swear I don't remember it being this watery. I put it on one panel & waited 30 min to wipe off. Seemed to work fine. Anyone have this issue?

Paul A.
08-26-2015, 08:29 AM
I recently went through some old product i've had for a few years and experienced the same thing. Some, after extensive and very aggressive mixing remained "runny". My next thing to do was to inspect it and either go with it or trash it. Final result? I trashed 2 and kept 5. I'll try them on the wife's "test bed" and go from there. My suggestion would be to try it and see what it yields for results. I hate buying something only to not use it and toss it.

Nick McKees37
08-26-2015, 09:05 AM
It thins out over time, especially if it's stored in a garage. Shake it well for 2-3 minutes and it will return to a more even, albeit thin viscosity. This does not affect the performance.

I've ever heard of a couple people putting a small ball bearing in the bottle. Supposedly this speeds up the mixing process.

Heisenberg
08-26-2015, 09:13 AM
I've ever heard of a couple people putting a small ball bearing in the bottle. Supposedly this speeds up the mixing process.

This was going to be my suggestion! It saved a bottle of BFWD on me that I had let separate and no amount of shaking was remixing it.

mcate
08-26-2015, 09:20 PM
Thanx guys. I gave it a REALLY good shaking tonight &, while still runny, at least looked normal. I did the whole car (black 04 Cobra vert) & it came out fantastic.