PDA

View Full Version : When do I use the Nano-Skin Speedy Prep Sponge?

Based
08-25-2015, 06:48 PM
I just ordered the Nano-Skin Speedy Prep Sponge and I'm wondering when do I use it? Do I have to wax after? I will be using the optimum no rinse with wax as lubricant for it. I'm thinking I wash the car and then use it? I'm assuming that because I'm using the no rinse stuff I don't have to do anything after that.

glfnaz
08-25-2015, 07:28 PM
Claying (nano Sponges) often leave some marring on the paint. Most people will do a polish after this step. I always do.

glfnaz
08-25-2015, 07:30 PM
BTW, that sponge works great. Do the baggie test before you use it, then do it again when you are done. It's a great product.

Based
08-25-2015, 07:42 PM
So the sponge leaves marring? I've read that it doesn't.

SlvrDragon50
08-25-2015, 08:38 PM
Just use lots of lube.

ski2
08-26-2015, 07:11 AM
Using UWW+ as lube I get no marring with the Fine Nanoskin Sponge.

Audios S6
08-26-2015, 08:00 AM
So the sponge leaves marring? I've read that it doesn't.

It's paint dependent. Most of the time I do not see marring with my speedy prep towel and ONR. Softer paints will mar, but they will correct very quickly as well. I have seen some harder non-metallic black cars mar. This leads me to believe that I am actually getting marring on more paints than I think, it's just not visible.

Paul A.
08-26-2015, 08:09 AM
I also get very little, if any, marring however considering the mechanics of what it is doing it might be inevitable some times. I will say i get much more from claying. I make sure i rinse off the gummy material after EVERY section. It works to abrade contaminants from the paint and they can and do get stuck to the material. That's the idea but every subsequent rub on that section can result in some fine marring as a result of what you have picked off the paint and transferred onto your clay/speedy prep. Do a very good and thorough wash first to work as clean as possible and get in the practice of cleaning off the material often and you will substantially reduce the chance of marring.

I also polish (at least) after a nano skin process but you can certainly go directly to LSP as well. I have never been satisfied that ONR with wax is a sufficient protective barrier for my paint but certainly will yield to Dr. G telling me otherwise! :dblthumb2: