PDA

View Full Version : Surf City Clearly Better Glass Cleaner - Quick Review

Pages : [1] 2 3

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
09-16-2007, 08:01 PM
I have been using Stoners IG as my go to glass cleaner, not any more.

I used the Surf City Clearly Better Glass Cleaner and the name says it all, it really is Clearly Better. This really is a product that stands out after the very first use.. After the 1st window I did I was sold..Honestly!

I used it in the shade and in the full sun with great success. The car I did in the sun got the drivers side with Stoners and the passenger side with Surf City and the Surf City side won hands down.

The Stoners side had some streaking and didn’t cut through whatever was on the inside of the windshield.. the SC side was crystal clear after one pass.

This stuff seemed to have great lubricity as my mf just glided over the glass as I was wiping it on. I also, really like the healthy size squirt that comes out of the bottle!

I highly recommend the Surf City Clearly Better Glass Cleaner… I would love to get this stuff by the gallon!!

It may cost a bit more than Stoners but the time I will save by not having to over a window twice will pay for it!

**We are 2 for 2 here people.. The SC Maximum Metal Rocked and now the Glass Cleaner!! I am really excited to try the rest of my SC goodies***

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/jdp0845/100_3066.jpg

Rsurfer
09-16-2007, 08:04 PM
Do you know if it's safe for tinted windows?

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
09-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Yes it is. The windows I did in the shade (my windows) are tinted.

Rsurfer
09-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Yes it is. The windows I did in the shade (my windows) are tinted.Thanks, it's on my next order.

littlemissGTO
09-16-2007, 08:18 PM
Glad to hear this. It seems no matter what I do I've got streaks in my windows.

tonyspop
09-16-2007, 09:07 PM
I use stoners,the directions state to do the window twice:(Al 53 recommended some glass cleaner from Lowes,I think it may have been perfect clear.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
09-16-2007, 09:19 PM
Rsurfer – You wont be sorry

lmGTO – This stuff will kick the streaks to the curb

Tonyspop – Even with two passes using Stoners I still come up with streaks on occasion – and that’s with a clean mf the second pass… And when I can only do one pass with SC and get the same if not better results than 2 passes of IG – the choice to me is clear.

klumzypinoy
09-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the reivew MotorCity! I should get me some of this :)

J&L Detailing
09-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Good to hear I am tired of the streaks myslef.

mixxer
09-17-2007, 03:38 PM
your going to love the dash away,beyond black,and beyond steel wheels also,and the speed demon is pimp!

trlblazer3
09-17-2007, 03:45 PM
Ok I'm definitely going to have to give more of their line a try. So far I've been more than happy with their Tire Pro and Metal Dressing. Thanks for the write-up!

Surfer
09-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Definitely grabbing this product next order after all the reviews.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
09-17-2007, 05:56 PM
Klumzy: My pleasure, this really was a product that I was very eager to share about – It will be my go to glass cleaner.. I need to find out if I can buy it in a gallon!!

J&L: This morning was a true “streak test”… In the light of morning my windows show streaks that they do not show during the full light day (sounds crazy I know). Well, this morning driving my son to school was awesome – no streaks.

I hate the feeling I get when I see a streak.. I have been known to pull over to abolish a streak– (not something I’m proud of… ha ha).

Mixer: I can’t wait to try the rest… I actually tried the Speed Demon and am impressed. I want to play with it a bit more - maybe do a FK425 / Speed Demon comp. since I have been using 425 as my go to QD lately.

Trlblazer: I don’t think you will be sorry with this product.. I know I’m not.

Surfer: Let us know what you think!

klumzypinoy
09-17-2007, 06:02 PM
As far as I can see there's no gallon for the glass cleaner or any other products.

mixxer
09-17-2007, 07:20 PM
i use 425 also but i get steaks with it in the sun. in the garage i use 425 ,in the sun i use quick shine and now speeed demon as well.