PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars high endurance tire gel

BlkHemiLTD
08-23-2015, 10:52 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/23/9f6d2efed90b9880b6f53b4d051212ca.jpg

So my buddy came over yesterday to clean up his truck and today he stopped by and i noticed his tires all looked like this. What would cause that? Are the tires soaking up the tire gel? I have used a lot of megs high endurance and never saw this happen 24 hours later. No rain, and he assured me no curb rubs he hadn't even parked by one. Ideas...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Guz
08-24-2015, 12:00 AM
Were the tires cleaned prior to application?

BlkHemiLTD
08-24-2015, 12:03 AM
Of course, we used HD yellow degreaser for wheels and tires. Its just weird its like a perfect circle where it failed, or soaked in, or did whatever it did.

The Guz
08-24-2015, 12:16 AM
Perhaps it soaked in like you said. I have only used Endurance once so I hopefully you figure out what is going on with it. I prefer D163 from the detailer line.

roguerobot
08-24-2015, 07:24 AM
Perhaps it is simply sling. Physics would suggest this since the further away you go from the center of the wheel, the faster the speed, so somewhere in the middle of the tire is the speed which the product doesn't sling.

PA DETAILER
08-24-2015, 07:29 AM
Yea thats weird. Was the body checked for sling off?

BlkHemiLTD
08-24-2015, 07:29 AM
I would expect streaks if it was sling but its in such a nice circle around the middle if the tire I don't really think it was sling. Also, like i said I have used the tire gel a lot and never had it do this. I am leaning toward the tires just soaked it in since thats probably the 3rd time ever those tires have seen any sort of dressing as well. Thanks for the input though I think next time I will throw something more durable on there for him.

TRDTACO
08-24-2015, 07:05 PM
It looks like where the raised white letters are it may be a different compound in the rubber, or a coating etc just in the raised white letter areas. I have Michelin off road tires and whenever I wash the tires the whole area where the raised white letters are is shinier than the sidewall in a circular pattern and thats with out dressing. I used to use high endurance untill I found out about Wolfgang Black Diamond from a sample in an order I placed. That Black Diamond is amazing, doesnt sling , smells incredible and the look is perfection. I had a mom in a minivan comment on the tires looking so good in a parking lot.

Jet Black
08-24-2015, 10:21 PM
maybe the tire has those ribs in the middle and it didn't adhere to the tire. On a 2012 grand Cherokee those Goodyear tires get on my nerve with those ribs.