PDA

View Full Version : Megs ulimate protectant on seats?

MA5177
08-23-2015, 12:45 PM
Did I mess up? I was doing the interior of my new Acura RDX that has black interior and what they call leatherette seats that I think are microfiber ( not sure)

SO as I was soing the dash and all the plastic with Megs ultimate protectant I accidentally got some on the seats.

So I just did the seats and they came out fantastic, but Im just want to make sure its ok even though its too late.

I really like Megs UP, you just have to buff off any excess after.

BillE
08-24-2015, 07:45 AM
What is the actual part number?

Just want to be sure we're thinking about the same product.

Bill

AnthonyGXP
08-24-2015, 07:55 AM
Yes, Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant is extremely greasy! A few years ago I was going to purchase a bottle, but after rubbing between fingers it was evident this product was a silicone based super sticky dressing. Don't think it's formulated for seats or steering wheels where slipperiness is an issue.

The Guz
08-24-2015, 09:46 AM
I think it is a water based product. I've used some time ago but never on leather.

MA5177
08-24-2015, 11:24 AM
What is the actual part number?

Just want to be sure we're thinking about the same product.

Bill

Not sure on the part number but it says Meguiars ultimate protectant on the bottle

KMdef9
08-24-2015, 01:17 PM
Call Meg's and ask them.

BillE
08-25-2015, 07:25 AM
Not sure on the part number but it says Meguiars ultimate protectant on the bottle

I'll assume that it is, G-145. The number is located on the back of the bottle, down by the 'company info'.

Bill

dcjredline
08-25-2015, 08:17 AM
You are probably going to be fine. There is plenty of cloth in vehicles and I am sure Meguiar's takes overspray into consideration when putting a consumer product on the shelf.