PDA

View Full Version : Souveran-Fuzion "Test"

Pages : [1] 2

hoyt66
08-23-2015, 06:01 AM
Tried to see the difference between Souvern and Fuzion wax. I stripped Souveran off and applied Fuzion 2 separate times on my silver hood but failed to see the

difference, looking for the glow of carnauba and the more candied look of a hybrid wax. I looked from all angles moving the car around several times. The metallic popped equally for both waxes.

IDK maybe as long as silver is prepped and prepared correctly it doesn't matter what you go with.:confused::confused:

Setec Astronomy
08-23-2015, 06:24 AM
IDK maybe as long as silver is prepped and prepared correctly it doesn't matter what you go with.:confused::confused:

I think you'll find the difference is in the longevity.

Dogfather
08-23-2015, 06:30 AM
I think you'll find the difference is in the longevity.

It would be a shame if that were the only real difference in LSPs.
It may very well be.

Setec Astronomy
08-23-2015, 06:31 AM
As Meticulous Detail says "the prep makes the pop, not what's on top".

silverfox
08-23-2015, 07:18 AM
If coatings have taught us nothing...its that you can't cut corners and use a crutch like wax to hide your cutting corners on prep work. Wax is a crutch. I've read countless threads where nubies to coatings instinctively complain about the "look" that a coating leaves, and therefore the instinctive need to top it with something to make it look better. Bottom line....wax is synonymous with a certain look because over the years it was the focus of an easy way to cover a variety of sins. Truth is...if you master the prep step, you don't need anything to improve the look.

FUNX650
08-23-2015, 08:37 AM
•Yes...
-Paint polishing will yield the biggest improvement
to a vehicle’s overall appearance, not the kind of
Wax you use.

•Yet, even after this biggest improvement step,
-the paint will usually still have peaks and valleys:
-It is still not completely smooth.

•Gloss, shine, sheen, etc. is said to come
from the paint being as smooth as possible.

•LSPs, (any/all), are applied for "protection".
-At the same time...LSPs are helping to
fill-in those microscopic valleys.
-Thus: Creating that smoothness.

Bob

Setec Astronomy
08-23-2015, 08:49 AM
We have plenty of members who say that different LSP's have different looks. Then we have threads like this where a member says he used different LSP's side-by-side and couldn't tell a difference.

Certainly had plenty of opinions that both ways (in the past) about whether anyone can tell side-by-side a difference or which is which when applied to one panel that has been prepped identically. I don't know what to say but it's certainly an interesting discussion.

KBsToy
08-23-2015, 09:26 AM
We have plenty of members who say that different LSP's have different looks. Then we have threads like this where a member says he used different LSP's side-by-side and couldn't tell a difference.

Certainly had plenty of opinions that both ways (in the past) about whether anyone can tell side-by-side a difference or which is which when applied to one panel that has been prepped identically. I don't know what to say but it's certainly an interesting discussion.

Being a weekend detailer I would have to go along with this. We have 2 white cars non-metallic and have used different LSP`s Both cars where decon, polished then LSP. Not being a pro they look the same, longevity I can not speak of because I just did these in the recent month..

Just my 2cents for the conversation :)

aim4squirrels
08-23-2015, 10:12 AM
Not to muddy the waters here, but I would wager that if their truly is any difference to the overall look between these two waxes, silver and white might be the toughest colors to judge it on.

Doesn't invalidate the comparison, especially for hoyt66. He probably just learned he can use whatever gives him the most pleasure: cheapest price, longevity, or any combo of the 2 and stop searching for the Holy Grail.

Could be a happy or sad day for him, depending on how you look at it.

Dogfather
08-23-2015, 10:13 AM

I have fun pretending I see a difference.

davidc
08-23-2015, 10:26 AM
I had the same experience with Collinite 476S, 885 and 915. Tried the 915 on the Driftwood Dodge, Toyota Desert Sand and the Red roadrunner. The 476S to me looked better than the 915 on the Red.

Dave

hoyt66
08-23-2015, 10:32 AM
Not to muddy the waters here, but I would wager that if their truly is any difference to the overall look between these two waxes, silver and white might be the toughest colors to judge it on.

Doesn't invalidate the comparison, especially for hoyt66. He probably just learned he can use whatever gives him the most pleasure: cheapest price, longevity, or any combo of the 2 and stop searching for the Holy Grail.

I agree with this. In my op I said that about silver.... At least an oem silver. It's actually a happy day because the whole point of my experiment was to see which wax wouldn't be " silver challenger approved " with souveran being touted as brilliant on blacks and reds I wanted to see if would be " brilliant " on my silver. I feel that it was.

Kamakaz1961
08-23-2015, 12:00 PM

:iagree: And for all the naysayers that say you can't tell a difference with different waxes...you can (at least for me). A black color car can show the suttle differences. I am not a hybrid wax guy, but a carnauba wax guy as IMO a good carnauba wax has and can add more depth and a "wet" look.

I did buy the Fuzion recently because of the ridiculous price. It will not be for my car but for others.

As for the coating people I think coatings are great too. Just not for me. Been there and done that. So I might be in the minority in this, however, IMO you can tell the difference between 2 types of waxes.

White and Silver will probably not be the color to tell.

Bottom line Coating, waxes, hybrid waxes and sealants are all great for different types of detailers.

BTW, I did a comparison with Souveran and Synergy about 8 months ago. I still have Souveran and no longer have Synergy. I was able to give Synergy to an AGO person on the trades post. I know he was a happy camper.

Souldetailer
08-23-2015, 12:27 PM
Good thread. I'm enjoying it. All I can add is, if someone wants to send me some Souveran and Fuzion, I'd be more than happy to do a comparison on Red and Black. Take care all.

Peace,

Darrin

Mizzoutiger
08-23-2015, 01:38 PM
OCDetails provides comparison he did in 2008 http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/15840-pinnacle-souveran-vs-wolfgang-fuzion.html