PDA

View Full Version : Megs NXT Paste

skwidd
08-23-2015, 12:18 AM
I am getting back into taking care of my cars. Quick story, I had an '04 RX8 and joined in '06 (so I am a lurker). Traded the '04 RX8 in for an '11 RX8 in '12. In late '13 traded the '11 RX8 in for an '06 Tacoma. (My son wants to ride dirtbikes...those go fast). The 8s were taken care of, the Tacoma came to me with a bit of wear. So one day I said I have all this cool stuff, let me pretty up my Tacoma.

I have: PCDA, various LC pads, Menz IP, Menz FP, Megs 305, Megs 21, Megs NXt, Megs UPW, Megs Carnuba Plus, among the relevant stuff. Still searching my elders' attics for M16, and just ordered M26 paste.

My question is, what has happened to all of the paste waxes???

I cannot find Megs NXT Paste anymore. There was a can at a WalMart 20 minues away and I didn't grab it. I cruised the area today and could not find a can. I have a can that is 1/8 full, and it makes me unhappy. I searched google and got nothing. Unless I can figure out how to reconstitute the tin of wheelwax, NXT paste is going on my wheels as long as it repels dust propertly.

Now try to find M26 in a paste. I just ordered 2 tins off of amazon and I am upset I didn't order all they had. I ordered the 2 out of 6 they had. I should have ordered all.

All you can get in stores not, AutoZone, PepBoys, O'Reiley's, Walmart, KMart, Sears, etc., are Megs cleaner wax, Megs UPW, NXT liquid, and lower end waxes, such as Turtle wax.

What happened to good consumer paste waxes? I am not looking to spend money on FuZion or Collinite, which aren't sold in stores anyways. I want Paste NXT and Megs 26 paste.

Where did these waxes go? Did new VOC Regs. get passed?

I have not used liquid waxes and I do not want to use liquid waxes. I like the catharsis of applying a thin layer of wax, wiping it off, buffing it, and looking at a pretty shiny car.

I guess when I get the Taco done, I'll post pics. Tonight was spent fixing chips in the hood after testing out a Nanoskin sponge. Yes, I still clayed the hood to make sure I did the sponge right. Actually happy with the sponge.

geekdout
08-23-2015, 01:39 AM
Meg's Nxt paste wax has been discontinued, but I have seen some pop up on ebay from time to time. I am not sure of the reason why they decided to discontinue it, its still available overseas.

Traditional waxes and sealants in general are not as popular as they once were mostly because of newer technology, namely semi permanent coatings. You can decide for yourself if that's a good thing or not but that's the way the market seems to be going. Even Turtle Wax offers one. On the bright side some of that technology has trickled down to create a hybrid paste wax like PBL Synergy and a few others on the market.

You should spend the money on Collinite it is very much worth the money, it doesn't matter which one you may have been looking at.

geekdout
08-23-2015, 01:42 AM
Just a tip from one wax lover to another try not to talk so loudly about wax around here, or else someone might try and convert you to the dark side of coatings.

dlc95
08-23-2015, 02:54 AM
Ultimate Paste Wax, Gold Class, Cleaner Wax, and M26 are still available. Ultimate Wax is in a position where it could theoretically replace NXT, as they are both polymer sealants.

They probably won't get rid of NXT liquid though. It still seems to have a strong following. I have a tin myself that I barely used. I usually use it on my cymbals, and use the liquid on vehicles.

I was able to find M26 paste locally at Napa. AG also sells m26 paste.

skwidd
08-27-2015, 11:20 PM
Just a tip from one wax lover to another try not to talk so loudly about wax around here, or else someone might try and convert you to the dark side of coatings.

Duly noted. ;p

And I may try out Collinite.

Thanks.

skwidd
08-27-2015, 11:21 PM
Ultimate Paste Wax, Gold Class, Cleaner Wax, and M26 are still available. Ultimate Wax is in a position where it could theoretically replace NXT, as they are both polymer sealants.

They probably won't get rid of NXT liquid though. It still seems to have a strong following. I have a tin myself that I barely used. I usually use it on my cymbals, and use the liquid on vehicles.

I was able to find M26 paste locally at Napa. AG also sells m26 paste.

I could not find M26 paste locally, so I ordered it online. Still waiting for it to get here.

sharpreflection
08-27-2015, 11:30 PM
The NXT wax was good but I gotta say the ultimate wax is so much better both liquid and paste. It goes on easier goes off easier does not streak like NXT did for me from time to time. But that's just me. Also if you do not wipe your paint down with ipa before wax you need to do this and not spray it with water for at least 12hrs so it can cure.

dlc95
08-28-2015, 10:54 AM
I could not find M26 paste locally, so I ordered it online. Still waiting for it to get here.

Good deal. It's a great wax, It was the first professional finishing wax I ever used, and still use to this day almost 20 years later.

Setec Astronomy
08-28-2015, 11:03 AM
And I may try out Collinite.

Honestly, I don't think you will miss your NXT paste after you use Collinite, and Collinite products aren't' expensive, either. Contrary to what you stated, they are available locally (sometimes), frequently in a boat store.

Jaretr1
08-28-2015, 02:45 PM
Honestly, I don't think you will miss your NXT paste after you use Collinite, and Collinite products aren't' expensive, either. Contrary to what you stated, they are available locally (sometimes), frequently in a boat store.

I second that. 845 is an outstanding wax with unsurpassed durability for a wax. Considering how thinly it spreads, how long it lasts and that is inexpensive to begin with, it might be the best value in wax period!