PDA

View Full Version : Gray Lake Country CCS Pad

cooker2000
09-16-2007, 05:43 PM
I waxed my car with my PC and used a gray CCS pad. Before applying wax to the pad I sprayed the pad with XMT Pad Conditioner, then applied a very small amount of Meguiars Mirror Glaze #26 Hi-Tech Liquid Car Wax to the pad. After spreading the wax on the car it seems that most of the wax had soaked into the pad instead of spreading on the car.

Any thoughts on the subject.

Thanks.
Cooker2000

Rsurfer
09-16-2007, 05:54 PM
That's typical with liquids. Use a yellow foam applicator next time by hand. I use the gray pad for paste wax only.

trhland
09-16-2007, 06:03 PM
whats the blue pad for if the greys for applying wax

Rsurfer
09-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Blue is a finishing pad, just a tad softer than the grey.

trhland
09-16-2007, 06:13 PM
Blue is a finishing pad, just a tad softer than the grey.
ok gotcha thanks!! i orderd the white and grey pad this should be good right?

Rsurfer
09-16-2007, 06:19 PM
ok gotcha thanks!! i orderd the white and grey pad this should be good right?
Wouldn't hurt to get a yellow pad or maybe two. Your ride is in good shape so the white for polishing should be ok.

trhland
09-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Wouldn't hurt to get a yellow pad or maybe two. Your ride is in good shape so the white for polishing should be ok.i have a yellow pad already from another company .very agressive would never use it on my truck its like sand paper

Rsurfer
09-16-2007, 06:27 PM
i have a yellow pad already from another company .very agressive would never use it on my truck its like sand paper
Sorry, I meant orange. Love my 5.5" orange flat pad.

trhland
09-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Sorry, I meant orange. Love my 5" orange flat pad.
actually i have that one lakecountry its not bad little stiff

THENIZZZEIL
09-17-2007, 03:09 PM
That's typical with liquids. Use a yellow foam applicator next time by hand. I use the gray pad for paste wax only.

ya id agree with that...i put my sealent on my bluefinessing pad it got all soaked up as well..however i still amanged to get a good amount of the car covered before i reapplied a second dose of sealant

grey/blue pads are great with paste wax...i put 2 strokes (haha i know u punks are gonna get me on my word choice) on the blue finessing pad and got half of an x5 done...

J&L Detailing
09-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Sorry, I meant orange. Love my 5.5" orange flat pad.

I have those pads myself. I love them, they do a very nice job of getting rid of scratches and swirls.

trlblazer3
09-17-2007, 03:48 PM
My little trick with the grey/blue LC pads and liquid waxes (and especially RMG) is to put a small amount of product on the panel and spread with the machine off. Its really helped me limit the amount that gets soaked up by the pad. RMG and grey pad has been the worst culprit for me in this regard.