PDA

View Full Version : Car covers

cstegs
08-22-2015, 07:50 AM
I know a lot of people are against them, but my slk will be stored in a garage over the harsh Wisconsin winter. I was thinking putting a cover on the car would be ok since it will be inside and won't be flapping in the wind and wil protected it from dust and what not. So with that said what is a good car cover to look into?

FUNX650
08-22-2015, 08:51 AM
Covercraft,covercraft Car Covers, custom car covers, noah car covers, weathershield car cover, block it car covers (http://www.autogeek.net/covercraft.html)

Bob

GS2011
08-22-2015, 09:48 AM
Covercraft,covercraft Car Covers, custom car covers, noah car covers, weathershield car cover, block it car covers (http://www.autogeek.net/covercraft.html)

Bob

:iagree:

Bobby B.
08-22-2015, 09:54 AM
Go with a custom fit NOAH car cover by Covercraft. The NOAH car cover is very soft but thick. It's great for indoor protection and outdoor protection.

Coopers ST
08-22-2015, 10:09 AM
When used inside and on a clean car they are fine. It is on a dirty car, or outside that the issue comes up.

MarkD51
08-22-2015, 01:12 PM
If you contact Covercraft, either via phone, or email, and ask them to send you some samples, they'll most likely send you a Sample Lot on a chain with every material used for all their car covers.

They did for me when I contacted them. BTW, I have the NOAH Cover.

The NOAH, IMO might be overkill and as well you'll spend more money for it than a lesser indoor cover. That depends if you'll ever in certain situations decide to cover the car outside for a short period of time, then lesser covers might not be up to the task.

The NOAH is relatively soft, but is is a heavier, thicker, and more bulkier material. Meaning it might prove difficult to occasionally wash in a standard home washing machine.

My NOAH for the ChevyTahoe would be impossible to launder in a home machine, it is large for this SUV, and may also be still to large even as a smaller car cover.

Some covers like the NOAH, it is not suggested to Machine Dry them, only air dry.

Their Form Fit Cover is much lighter, even softer than the NOAH is a stretchable material, comes in 6 colors, and carries the same 4 year warrantee as the NOAH. Their Fleeced Satin and their Tan Flannel are two other cover materials that are light, extremely soft on the inside, thus less chance of any paint marring.

The best cover in the entire lineup for both indoor and outdoor, is still light, high perfomrnace material, yet still relatively soft, can be machine washed-dried is the Weathershield HP.

The very TOTL Weathershield HD is a much heavier material than the HP, and I would say is the least soft of all the covercraft covers. But as well will probably also last the longest out of all Covercraft Cover products.

Hope this helps.