PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a detailer in my area - Eastern Pennsylvania

MoreBoostPlease
08-22-2015, 06:24 AM
Hi All,

With a job working 70+ hours a week and a growing family, I have had little time in the past couple of years to properly maintain my vehicles. The most they've seen is a quick wash followed by some Collinite for long lasting protection. This is a far cry from the hours I used to devote to correcting, protecting, etc. I need to find someone in PA that uses quality equipment, products, and knows what they are doing. I live in the upper Bucks County area, somewhat near Quakertown/Allentown/Bethlehem.

Know of anyone in Bucks, Montgomery, or Lehigh county? The first project will be my black Ford Excursion. Nothing like starting small, right?

Thanks!

KMG
08-22-2015, 09:31 PM
You could check out Oakes Detail in West Chester or Pristine Detailing, LLC in Allentown. I am located in Lebanon, but that might be a bit of a stretch for you. The other two are both great detailers and both a CQuartz Finest installers.

MoreBoostPlease
08-22-2015, 10:06 PM
You could check out Oakes Detail in West Chester or Pristine Detailing, LLC in Allentown. I am located in Lebanon, but that might be a bit of a stretch for you. The other two are both great detailers and both a CQuartz Finest installers.
Thanks for the response. I'll check out Pristine, as Allentown is very close to me.:xyxthumbs:

MoreBoostPlease
08-29-2015, 07:49 AM
I sent an email over to Pristine. While I understand my vehicle is larger than most (it's a black Ford Excursion) the price for only paint correction was $1600. I almost fell over. The paint simply needs light correction for minor swirls/scratches. I could have the entire truck repainted for less than that. I guess I'll wait until I have the time next year to do it myself or search for somebody cheaper.

Setec Astronomy
08-29-2015, 07:58 AM
Forum member: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tuscarora-Daves-Mobile-Auto-Detailing/108816139141205

builthatch
09-15-2015, 10:54 AM
I sent an email over to Pristine. While I understand my vehicle is larger than most (it's a black Ford Excursion) the price for only paint correction was $1600. I almost fell over. The paint simply needs light correction for minor swirls/scratches. I could have the entire truck repainted for less than that. I guess I'll wait until I have the time next year to do it myself or search for somebody cheaper.

sight unseen it's hard to gauge. that is a nightmare color on a nightmare vehicle, size wise. so, at a reasonable hourly rate, if someone is truly doing what they claim and your expectations are very high, then i don't think an estimate like that is unrealistic. they might see it in person and be like "oh, ok - it's not has bad as i thought."

but, one other thing - be very careful with picking a detailer based on their online persona, write-ups, whatever. there is no real vetting or licensing to become a detailer, so you end up with all kinds of personalities. some are outstanding people who do what they say, some are total liars and manipulators. i can personally attest to detailers doing really nice work on some thing and then completely dropping the ball on others and damaging vehicles, lying to cover, etc. if you can review their work in person over several vehicles, that is the best bet. this way you are both on the same page as to what you expect. get everything in writing - an email will suffice. lastly - make sure they have valid insurance (call their provider, don't just look at the documents) and if they are driving your vehicle, check to make sure they have a valid DL. sounds like a lot of work but what's a lot of work is getting mixed up with the wrong idiot.

if you like KMG, don't let the distance sway you. it's worth traveling a bit for a good detailer if your expectations aren't being matched by someone closer. just like good "anything", it's not often that someone who is really good at something is right next door, so, you may have to travel a bit.