PDA

View Full Version : Chemical resistant container with spigot/faucet

98LowRanger
08-21-2015, 09:00 PM
I recently found a great deal on my favorite wheel cleaner (Sonax Wheel Cleaner Plus) in a 25 liter container. I love the stuff and bit the bullet when I bought such a large amount of it. It should last me quite a while so I won't have to worry about purchasing any more anytime soon. There is one problem though. The large and heavy container has no spigot to dispense it into a spray bottle. Just a large screw cap on top. This makes refilling my spray bottle a daunting task without wasting any of the Sonax. I took the cap to my hardware store and he couldn't match the threads up with anything to create a spigot to screw onto the container.

So now I am looking at plastic containers with spigots that I can put the Sonax into and then dispense from that container. Has anyone had any luck buying a 2-5 gallon plastic container with a spigot for dispensing chemicals? They seem to be fairly pricey ($20 range for just the container) so I want to get it right the first time. My biggest concern is the plastic not being heavy duty and thick enough and the Sonax eating through it. It's a pretty potent chemical so I realize a thin plastic container for water storage is probably not going to work. I also worry about this as it would most likely eat through slowly until it starts to leak out one night and I won't realize it until the next morning. I could easily lose $120+ of Sonax.

Here is an idea of what I am looking at:

Impact 5 Gallon E-ZĀ® Fill Container With Faucet | Jon-Don (http://www.jondon.com/5-gallon-e-z-fill-container.html)

FOCUS.FREAK
08-21-2015, 09:40 PM
I know of a company related to AG that has a 5 gallon one with the faucet. Ill PM ya..

Mantilgh
08-21-2015, 10:12 PM
I could be wrong, but I do understand your concern with such a large quantity.

I do not believe this product is corrosive to plastics. Although, it may have some effect on parts of a pump or spigot that contain iron, i.e., the spring.

I have heard of products containing citrus extracts eating through thin containers, and this product is said to contain Limonene. Although, it maybe a insignificant amount.

http://sdb.sonax.biz/cms-themes-sichblatt-data/pdf/sdb_Z23010777-GG_-_SONAX_WHEEL_CLEANER_PLUS_ACID-FREE_%28GB%29EN.pdf

98LowRanger
08-22-2015, 03:19 PM
I know of a company related to AG that has a 5 gallon one with the faucet. Ill PM ya..

Thank you sir! The price of that unit alone might make it worth a shot.

FOCUS.FREAK
08-23-2015, 01:26 AM
Thank you sir! The price of that unit alone might make it worth a shot.
No problem glad I could help.

:buffing: