PDA

View Full Version : Yet another HD Speed question

Pages : [1] 2

LSNAutoDetailing
08-21-2015, 10:31 AM
I've been using HD Speed and love it. Can't say enough good things.
The results are outstanding.

With that said, I'm looking at my efficiency and product use. I can't seem to find any information (on their website or AG) that states if Speed is SMAT or DAT.
I'm trying to determine my work time and if I can "speed" up the process with less section passes. Meaning, is it done after two or three passes?

Here is my observation. I had a body panel that was heavily swirled. I made two section passes with Speed and it was pretty darn clear when I was done. So I'm trying to determine if doing 4 or even 6-8 section passes is a waste of time with this product.

Thanks!

Mask
08-21-2015, 10:34 AM
Sub :D

gski
08-21-2015, 10:37 AM
SMAT...based on being a mix of HD Polish and Poxy.

LSNAutoDetailing
08-21-2015, 10:38 AM
Sub :D

What does SUB mean??

LSNAutoDetailing
08-21-2015, 10:39 AM
SMAT...based on being a mix of HD Polish and Poxy.

Awesome! Thank you... So these means I can cut my work time down, or if I need to work the product some more I can. And a nice spritz of pad conditioner will keep it working.

Thanks!

Hoytman
08-21-2015, 10:45 AM
Even if Speed used DAT technology abrasives if only a few passes produced the desired results there would be no reason to work the polish any further. Simple testing should be your guide regardless of abrasive technology in my opinion, but it's always a good thing to know what your polishes are, for sure.

Lamar
08-21-2015, 10:48 AM
What does SUB mean??

Subscribe to thread. There's an option under thread tools to do this without actually posting.

Mask
08-21-2015, 10:57 AM
Oops!!! Thanks for pointing that out.
UnSub :D

LSNAutoDetailing
08-21-2015, 11:04 AM
Even if Speed used DAT technology abrasives if only a few passes produced the desired results there would be no reason to work the polish any further. Simple testing should be your guide regardless of abrasive technology in my opinion, but it's always a good thing to know what your polishes are, for sure.

Exactly... but now I know what I'm working with... Where as before I didn't.
Perhaps that is why I'm getting great results doing 6-8 section passes....

It's pretty amazing stuff. I love working with it. Sun-Safe (to a point) and no dusting, goes on easy, comes off easy with great results!

Hoytman
08-21-2015, 12:51 PM
I am considering buying some HD Speed as well to make a few AIO comparisons and to have add to my AIO arsenal of choices.

Have you used any other HD products like HD Cut, HD Polish and HD Adapt?

If so, can you, or anyone else, compare them with other products like Meg's M105/M205 and M100/M100 and M86...specifically wipe off and dusting attributes/comparisons would be ideal. I already know the Meg's products cut like a bear so cut isn't a concern plus I have some of them on hand already.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-21-2015, 01:16 PM
SMAT for sure. The newest version of HD SPEED has a bit of Adapt mixed in. HD is coming out with an announcement t soon regarding their updated products.

Hoytman
08-21-2015, 01:27 PM
SMAT for sure. The newest version of HD SPEED has a bit of Adapt mixed in. HD is coming out with an announcement t soon regarding their updated products.
Looks like I won't be buying anything until then. Thanks, Mark! You probably saved me some money.

Nick McKees37
08-21-2015, 01:39 PM
I would work it in longer than 2-3 passes, because an abrasive AIO (all in one) like HD SPEED is designed to do 3 things:

1. Clean (remove embedded dirt)
2. Polish (remove light swirl marks, marring, etc)
3. Seal (for long lasting protection

If you only work the product for 2-3 passes, it's not going to clean the paint as well as if you were to work it for 5-6 passes.

Plus

You'll get a better finish on the polishing end if you continue to work it a little longer, especially if you lighten up on the pressure for the last 2 passes or so.

JustJesus
08-21-2015, 01:53 PM
I noticed I take fewer passes with HD products (Polish and Speed).

Speaking of HD Polish, and comparing it to M205, they are both great. I do think Polish is easier to work with (less dusting, easier to wipe off, etc) but both products are great.

The new MF system from Megs, though, that's some good stuff. I haven't tried the polish, but D300 is OMG so good. Smells good and wipes off extremely easy. I'm loving it.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-21-2015, 03:16 PM
Speaking of HD Polish, and comparing it to M205, they are both great. I do think Polish is easier to work with (less dusting, easier to wipe off, etc) but both products are great.

Polish finishes way better on soft paint, IMO