PDA

View Full Version : PBL paint coating questions

yugnat
08-20-2015, 06:31 PM
I've been a user of 4* UPP for many years. I've got the process down pat, not that its hard to use by any stretch. I've got a new 2015 F150 in metallic Tuxedo black that I'm taking delivery of next week and something in the back of my mind is telling me I need to coat it. If so I would like to use PBL's paint coating (V2). Knowing that there is no need seal over top, and that it's overkill, could I still apply UPP afterwards? There is something about my sealing routine that I really enjoy, and I don't like the idea of 100% doing away with it during the life of the coating. I really look forward to when it's time to reseal and always feel the best about my paint finish after an application.

I'm fortunate enough to work from home, the truck will be garaged during the day and overnight. It's your typical grocery getter, pick up the kids from school, etc. I do live in Houston so summers can be rough on paint if the vehicle is sitting in an open parking lot all day but I should be able to limit those types of days given my scenario. Should I consider skipping the coating altogether and just sticking to my sealing routine?

RPM_BR
08-21-2015, 05:12 AM
Yes you can. But I would wait a week for the coating to cure completely.
The slickness will improve, usually coatings are not as slick as sealants.
I keep stacking products in my car, since I use it as guinea pig for new products prior using it in my customer's cars.
But I believe the norm here at AGO is that it is not needed.

Ebg18t
08-21-2015, 05:20 AM
If you going to go the PBL coating I would look at the related PBL products if you feel the need to consistently do something to the paint.

PBL offers the Diamond coating booster: Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Coating Booster (http://www.autogeek.net/coating-booster-extender.html)

PBL also offers the Diamond Coating detailer: Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Coating Detailer (http://www.autogeek.net/coating-detail-spray.html)

I would suggest using the related PBL products with their coating. You don't want to add something to the mix that may change the characteristics of the coating.