PDA

View Full Version : Whats your prefference on Exterior plastics products

Pages : [1] 2

Lim3
08-18-2015, 11:30 PM
Been out of the detailing gig for awhile and im just about out of my old UTTG formula. dont really care to use the new stuff.
Has there been a new product or something thats worked tremendously well for your needs ? im maintaining the plastic on a new wrangler, those things have way too much plastic and i hate to see premature fading with this south florida weather.

your inputs are welcomed. I dont want too much gloss but if its gonna protect it for a long time and sheet water than i will make the aesthetic sacrifice

Chadwilliam1
08-19-2015, 11:36 AM
I am new to detailing but I like just once. It is not too glossy and it says it is uv resistant. I use it on my floor mats. They claim it can be used on motor cycle tires too.
With shipping it was kind of expensive came out close to 20 dollars total.

I use aerospace 303 on my tires and bed rails and it works pretty well too. On my last vehicle the plastic was faded really bad and 303 made it look new again until it wore off.

08-19-2015, 11:43 AM
CarPro Dlux...

PA DETAILER
08-19-2015, 11:49 AM
Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant, rubber trim sealant, rubber protectant, exterior trim products, metal sealer (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-trim-sealant.html)

Kamakaz1961
08-19-2015, 12:05 PM
Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant, rubber trim sealant, rubber protectant, exterior trim products, metal sealer (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-trim-sealant.html)

:iagree: This is an excellent product. I also have Black Wow and IMO that is good too. I prefer the Wolfgang over Black Wow and since I am getting low on it I am looking to try another. So...

I just ordered Solution Finish to try out. Mike Phillips did a write up in a recent post and gave it good reviews.

It appears to be different from all the trim products but will not know until I try it.

But the Wolfgang is an excellent product!

My $.02 worth!

tedj101
08-19-2015, 01:53 PM
:iagree: This is an excellent product. I also have Black Wow and IMO that is good too. I prefer the Wolfgang over Black Wow and since I am getting low on it I am looking to try another. So...

I just ordered Solution Finish to try out. Mike Phillips did a write up in a recent post and gave it good reviews.

It appears to be different from all the trim products but will not know until I try it.

But the Wolfgang is an excellent product!

My $.02 worth!

Another Wolfgang user here!

<TED>

Lim3
08-19-2015, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the info fellas. I hear a ton of good stuff from Wolfgang

Zelfiris
08-19-2015, 02:39 PM
I have also used black wow. Trim gets darken and its simple to apply but I don't find it to last very long.

Lim3
08-19-2015, 11:51 PM
I have a dlux sitting in my closet for over a year. it was used once and according to carpro, it expired after the first year. do you guys think this is true ? basically a way to get the consumer to purchase more, so they slap on a expiration date ?

Fastmike
08-20-2015, 01:29 AM
I have a dlux sitting in my closet for over a year. it was used once and according to carpro, it expired after the first year. do you guys think this is true ? basically a way to get the consumer to purchase more, so they slap on a expiration date ?
If it's solidified I'm sure it's fine. Expiration is just to cover manufacturers. What do you have to lose if you use it?

Goin Rogue
08-20-2015, 01:47 AM
BLACKFIRE Total Trim & Tire Sealant, plastic trim restorer, tire coating, long lasting tire shine (http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-trim-sealant-trim-restorer.html)

Bunky
08-20-2015, 10:39 AM
The Blackfire Total Trim product is superior to the older formula Ultima.

I did a review and long term test.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/85408-blackfire-trim-tire-sealant-review.html

fly07sti
08-20-2015, 11:48 AM
If it's solidified I'm sure it's fine. Expiration is just to cover manufacturers. What do you have to lose if you use it?

I thought this also, until I recently used an expired bottle of Cquartz that was still all liquid,(still in its original plastic )Went on great, but did NOT wipe off easily. Was like trying to wipe sap off a hot panel. But, it worth a shot to try on a little spot first.

AnthonyGXP
08-20-2015, 11:52 AM
303 for temporary fix and Solution Finish for permanent solution.

Kamakaz1961
08-20-2015, 11:56 AM
I have also used black wow. Trim gets darken and its simple to apply but I don't find it to last very long.

:iagree: Additionally, it can and will run (ever so slightly) even though you take pre-cautions to make sure it will not happen.

Still a good product, however, for the $$ there are better...Wolfgang is one of them.