PDA

View Full Version : Canopies

Pages : [1] 2 3

Blamettu
08-18-2015, 06:43 PM
How beneficial and practical would it be to invest in a canopy under which to detail in mobile detailing applications? One day I'd like to begin offering more extensive options for my clients.

:dblthumb2:

VP Mark
08-18-2015, 08:39 PM
I never used a canopy when I did mobile detailing. Lots of people won't work without one. It is really a personal preference in my opinion.

SKorch630
08-18-2015, 08:46 PM
I absolutely love having one. Wouldn't do it without one. When I cannot wash inside my garage, which is ever, I can still be under that away from the sun.

Hoytman
08-18-2015, 08:51 PM
I never used a canopy when I did mobile detailing. Lots of people won't work without one. It is really a personal preference in my opinion.

Hi Mark!

I've thought about adding a canopy to my list of tools, but every time I think I'm ready to pull the trigger this thought a rushing mighty wind coming along and blowing the canopy across the car I'm working on scares me to death and I change my mind. Sure I could weight it down, but to weigh it down enough to ease my mind, well, it's just easier to forget about the idea, not to mention that I'd like one taller than most that I've seen.

Why did you use past tense when you said, "when I did mobile detailing"?

DeansDetailing
08-18-2015, 10:43 PM
Find my EZ UP 12x12 very useful. Black truck. 90F, very sunny.

I had to do sections without shade and had to stop often to allow the pad to cool.

As suggested here by Mike Phillips, weight down with buckets of water and bungee...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-zIOQMaifiC0/VdP6VS_xI7I/AAAAAAAAFms/IawtTveA7a4/s800-Ic42/IMG_20150815_134343810_HDR.png

shagnat
08-19-2015, 10:01 AM
I have a canopy, but, it's a two man operation to set it up. Wish it was like some where only takes one person........ *sigh*

LSNAutoDetailing
08-19-2015, 10:32 AM
I don't do mobile but I have an Ozark 10'x10'. I wished I had got the 12'x12'. But they're only $80-$120 at Walmart.

Hoytman
08-19-2015, 10:49 AM
Find my EZ UP 12x12 very useful. Black truck. 90F, very sunny.

I had to do sections without shade and had to stop often to allow the pad to cool.

As suggested here by Mike Phillips, weight down with buckets of water and bungee...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-zIOQMaifiC0/VdP6VS_xI7I/AAAAAAAAFms/IawtTveA7a4/s800-Ic42/IMG_20150815_134343810_HDR.png

Nice pic, but that's only a 1/2 ton truck. You maybe could squeeze an F350 underneath it but I doubt it, especially if it's raised any at all. So yea, it works great for that truck and smaller cars.

VP Mark
08-19-2015, 10:52 AM
Hi Mark!

I've thought about adding a canopy to my list of tools, but every time I think I'm ready to pull the trigger this thought a rushing mighty wind coming along and blowing the canopy across the car I'm working on scares me to death and I change my mind. Sure I could weight it down, but to weigh it down enough to ease my mind, well, it's just easier to forget about the idea, not to mention that I'd like one taller than most that I've seen.

Why did you use past tense when you said, "when I did mobile detailing"?

It is past tense, I quit mobile detailing except for a couple of specialty services and work almost exclusively from my home based shop now. Quality of work has gone up, stress has gone down, amount of profit per service had gone up.

Hoytman
08-19-2015, 11:30 AM
It is past tense, I quit mobile detailing except for a couple of specialty services and work almost exclusively from my home based shop now. Quality of work has gone up, stress has gone down, amount of profit per service had gone up.
Thanks, Mark.:xyxthumbs:

Vivid Details
08-19-2015, 04:36 PM
I have a 12×12 canopy from quikshade and it has been a life saver. Remember most detailing product don't play nice with the sun. So having shade will let your product work more effectively thus better result.

Blamettu
08-19-2015, 06:21 PM
I have a 12×12 canopy from quikshade and it has been a life saver. Remember most detailing product don't play nice with the sun. So having shade will let your product work more effectively thus better result.

I've seen the Quikshade canopies. Could one person set up the 12x12?

Vivid Details
08-19-2015, 07:09 PM
I've seen the Quikshade canopies. Could one person set up the 12x12?

Absolutely. I'm a one man operation and I can setup my in under a min. No lie

shagnat
08-21-2015, 04:04 PM
I bought mine for durability, not ease of setup, but, that was another time when my grandson and I were racing radio control cars...... then he lost interest and lives about 50 miles away, so, it's just me.... *sigh* Oh well, maybe I can figure out a way to set it up by myself or enlist the help of a neighbor from time to time...... wouldn't impose on them on a regular basis though.

BMW435
08-21-2015, 06:43 PM
Absolutely. I'm a one man operation and I can setup my in under a min. No lie

Which model canopy do you have?