PDA

View Full Version : Body Shops Suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trhland
09-16-2007, 10:01 AM
im so pissed .as some of u know i just got my truck back from the body shop last week . and ive had to go back 3 times do to bloken glass in the window jam . in the seat track. and then a mark on the paint . they say its from when they baked on the clear its the tape from it it stuck to the paint so he compounded it off. so finnally today i washed it and i cant believe how muck overspray was on the truck. i had to clay the whole truck. yes i did it i could have gone back again and again and again but i said screw it ill do it myself and do it right. so finnally i got most of it off .dont these body shops cover up[ the truck before painting??? i mean a little over spray is fine but come on . anyway i feel better now :ohad to get that off my chest. buy the way if theres a little overspray on the paint that i cant get off with the clay will the polishing step knock it out??? thanks

slo-ryd
09-16-2007, 10:06 AM
I've experienced the same thing.., it's frustrating.

Honestly, I think it just comes down to money. I have a good friend who owned a body shop and was the best painter and most meticulous person I've ever met. But, in the end he just couldn't compete with the shops cranking out work faster and insurance companies beating him down on prices.

trhland
09-16-2007, 10:08 AM
and i told the owner of the bodyshop i want it perfect no overspray to nothing and well he must be hard of hearing. very sloppy work. it a shame

slo-ryd
09-16-2007, 10:20 AM
Some people just don't get it.

Like my young tire techs at the shop. I tell them to place centercaps face up when removed and not to hang tickets on the side mirrors where they can rub the paint. They think I'm crazy. Luckily I win all contests of will ;)

Reddwarf
09-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Sorry to hear of your troubles trhland.

My car needs to go into the body shop. How do you find a good one? What questions should one ask? I went to one place for a bid. They were recommended by the mechanic I have used. But I have no idea if this place is any good.

trhland
09-16-2007, 10:29 AM
its hard to say i went to the body shop at ford which is not owned by ford they just rent there i quess . there for certified:pya right . well ill never go back there again also i told the guy to make sure he put enough clear on the door . do to i polish the truck a couple times a year he said he put alot on . probably one coat who knows. my best suggestion is find a shop that someone recommnds really. but just to let you know be prepard to do some claying after its done . ive been to alot of body shops iand after the cars fived thers always claying and polishing to do

Tonya
09-16-2007, 11:29 AM
So sorry you are still having to deal with that trhland! Sounds like you almost have it undercontrol, soon it will be back to normal. Hang in there, if you need to vent some more we are all ears! Just try not to hit the keys so hard you break your keyboard. :D
Best of luck with the last bit of overspray!

Gary Sword
09-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Sorry for your bad experience. They are definitely a lot of bad body shops out there. Some insurance companies try go get you to go to the cheapest ones. There are also usually some good ones around. It pays to go to one that comes highly recomended by people you know.

Pauly6401
09-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Sorry to hear of your troubles trhland.

My car needs to go into the body shop. How do you find a good one? What questions should one ask? I went to one place for a bid. They were recommended by the mechanic I have used. But I have no idea if this place is any good.

I use USAA insurance and they always have recommended very good body shops to me. If you trust your insurance company, you can ask who they deal with. Otherwise, you could try talking to people at car shows.

Dust2Glory
09-16-2007, 01:52 PM
on the extra over spray you can't get off... try using mineral spirits

trhland
09-16-2007, 02:50 PM
on the extra over spray you can't get off... try using mineral spirits
thanks ill try that

ASPHALT ROCKET
09-16-2007, 04:38 PM
You should be able to remove overspray with your polish.

Fredrick2003
09-17-2007, 10:36 PM
It seems to be all about the money really, like most things in life.

I am apprehensive about letting other people do things to my car.

trhland
09-18-2007, 04:44 AM
went back to the shop and had him order the new molding once thats in hopefull this should be it. :applause: