PDA

View Full Version : LC hybrid wool pads

JAMM0N
08-18-2015, 11:45 AM
hey guys i was wondering if anyone had any luck w the wool pads? ice tried a few and its left micro swirls in the paint and dusts like mad crazy.

i followed the usual steps of applying it on the panel and even using compressed aur to clean the pad. i didnt leave a haze it left microscratches, which i dont think should even occur.

using HDcut

StephenK
08-18-2015, 11:55 AM
My guess would be your combo is to aggressive

JAMM0N
08-18-2015, 12:36 PM
darn. well i guess ill be putting this pad away for this car. ended up using a 6.5 LC orange and a 5" yellow.

jrs1418
08-18-2015, 12:48 PM
They are aggressive pads but In some cases will finish almost LSP ready.

Mantilgh
08-18-2015, 01:31 PM
It does sound aggressive, but would depend on how hard the paint is that you are working on.

What kind of car is it?

I wonder if a spritz of detail spray, water, or a pad conditioner if you have it put on the pad before applying your compound to it would help.

I have the 3.5" LC purple foamed wool pad I use with a drill for my compound step after sanding headlights. It does seem to dry out the polish some but with headlights it not a problem because of the small working area.

What type of machine are you using?

JAMM0N
08-21-2015, 02:19 PM
GG6

the car that iw as working on was a chevy trailblaer.

i've tried the method of spraying QD on the wool pad before working with it, but that just made the wool pad dust a lot more and 0 progress.

i'm assuming it was too aggressive combo, i have to get back to working on that car again.

Rsurfer
08-21-2015, 04:46 PM
GG6

the car that iw as working on was a chevy trailblaer.

i've tried the method of spraying QD on the wool pad before working with it, but that just made the wool pad dust a lot more and 0 progress.

i'm assuming it was too aggressive combo, i have to get back to working on that car again.

The GG6 with wool pads are a bad combo.:props:

Mantilgh
08-21-2015, 06:55 PM
Just wondering, do you have the thin foamed wool, the regular?

Edit: I guess you did say they they were Lake County?

LC has thin wool pads designed to work better with DAs

JAMM0N
08-22-2015, 12:06 PM
yeah it was a really fluffy one. i'm going to try the MF cutting pads from megs to see if they work better. i'm just trying it out so its a trial and error for me with the GG6. if I had the flex that would've been

I had good turn out with the Subaru. but was having problems with hard paint cars

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
08-24-2015, 02:11 AM
I use the wool Hybrid pads quite often with the 3401 when I need extreme cut. In fact I just used them yesterday for a test spot on a red Civic.

Of course the wool pad will leave behind swirled up paint. After all, it is an aggressive cutting pad that will eliminate surface defects and leave behind much more manageable defects that are no problem to effectively polish out.