PDA

View Full Version : D114 as a pre-wash?

Supergus1
08-17-2015, 02:03 PM
It's time to wash the Tundra and while the horizontal panels have some moderate road film, the vertical panels below the belt line and the tailgate have fairly heavy film. I've decided that instead of a rinseless wash with D115 I would go with a 2BM using Meg's Ult. Wash & Wax. Do you guys think it would be appropriate to pre-soak the more heavily soiled areas with D114 before washing? I know you all would suggest pre-rinsing instead but my water pressure isn't that great, and the Self Serve wash bays cost me $6 to use the high pressure rinse. I'd rather use that $6 for supplies. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance.

conman1395
08-17-2015, 02:16 PM
If a regular rinse doesn't remove it, then yeah, go ahead and try it and then try rinsing the grime off.

gski
08-17-2015, 02:23 PM
It's time to wash the Tundra and while the horizontal panels have some moderate road film, the vertical panels below the belt line and the tailgate have fairly heavy film. I've decided that instead of a rinseless wash with D115 I would go with a 2BM using Meg's Ult. Wash & Wax. Do you guys think it would be appropriate to pre-soak the more heavily soiled areas with D114 before washing? I know you all would suggest pre-rinsing instead but my water pressure isn't that great, and the Self Serve wash bays cost me $6 to use the high pressure rinse. I'd rather use that $6 for supplies. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance.

Absolutely. I pre-treat the vertical panels of our cars with a 1:128 spray down of D114 and let it soak while starting a waterless wash on the horizontal panels. When I get to the verticals I spray down again before wiping/cleaning. I do 100% waterless washes and this has proved very effective for me.

FUNX650
08-17-2015, 02:34 PM
I've decided that instead of a rinseless wash with D115 I would go with a 2BM using
Meg's Ult. Wash & Wax.
If this is:
Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere, then:
You're basically using the Consumer version of D115.

TO WIT:

On 07.12.2013, Mr. Michael Stoops
said the following:

"D115 is the concentrated rinseless wash
and wax you've been asking us for.

Many of you are already familiar with and
love our Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere,
but wanted a larger size,
and D115 is essentially that product.

The concentrated formula stretches your
dollars even further".

Do you guys think it would be appropriate to pre-soak the more heavily soiled areas with D114 before washing?
IMO:
It think it would be very appropriate.

Bob

Real Riders
08-18-2015, 12:27 AM
This post is confusing. Is this the process you are using? You are filling a bucket with Ultimate Meguiars Wash And Wax Car Soap. You are then pre soaking the panels with D114 to loosen the dirt, then rinsing the vehicle. Is this correct? If so, using D114 would be a good idea to loosen the heavy dirt before washing the car using the two bucket method You are using this product? Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax, car shampoo with wax, car wash and wax, Meguiars shampoo, auto wash, meguires (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-ultimate-wash-wax.html)

Real Riders
08-18-2015, 01:01 AM
I left the wash part out of my previous post --- You pre rinse with D114 not using a water source, then wash the car with Meguiars Wash & Wax Car Soap , then rinse the vehicle with a hose? Is this the correct process?

conman1395
08-18-2015, 01:05 AM
I left the wash part out of my previous post --- You pre rinse with D114 not using a water source, then wash the car with Meguiars Wash & Wax Car Soap , then rinse the vehicle with a hose? Is this the correct process?
He's washing the car traditionally (with soap) , but because of his low pressure hose at home he wants to break up the grime on his car with D114 first and then use his hose to rinse off the now broken up grime on his car because the hose wouldn't have been able to rinse it off otherwise.

At least that's my understanding.

FUNX650
08-18-2015, 07:04 AM
@OP:

For clarification purposes...
Which of the below products are you talking
about when you say you're going to use
Meguiar's Ultimate Wash&Wax? TIA.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/image1590.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/99025)http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/image1591.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/99026)

Note:
I was basing my previous posting
on the RW/WW processes.

Bob

conman1395
08-18-2015, 01:55 PM
He said 2BM with Ultimate Wash and Wax. 2BM wouldn't make sense with UWWA.

FUNX650
08-18-2015, 04:45 PM
He said 2BM with Ultimate Wash and Wax.

2BM wouldn't make sense with UWWA.
Why not?

A lot of the ways that people perform their
(hybrid) versions of car-washing processes
may not make sense to other people.

Bob

KMdef9
08-18-2015, 05:53 PM

The best thing for you to do is just try it out on a test spot and see if it yields the results your looking for and let us know how it worked out for you.

If it were me, I'd get a nozzle that has "jet" or equivalent setting and use that to blast off the grim. Chances are if that doesn't do it, neither will a prewash (almost no matter what your pressure is). Adding prewash/presoak steps to washes I've found to be more of a waste of time for the type of dirty my vehicles get.

Supergus1
08-18-2015, 07:46 PM
He's washing the car traditionally (with soap) , but because of his low pressure hose at home he wants to break up the grime on his car with D114 first and then use his hose to rinse off the now broken up grime on his car because the hose wouldn't have been able to rinse it off otherwise.

At least that's my understanding.
That is correct.
To Bob: I'm using the UWW concentrate, not the spray.