PDA

View Full Version : Clear Bra swirls

FMINUS
09-15-2007, 10:47 PM
Has anyone ever tried to take these out? same procedure as paint?

richy
09-15-2007, 11:53 PM
Fminus..I just applied some to my FX..we'll see how it stays..but here is the only car I have done so far that had one:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/7492-black-350z-menz-fmj-collinite.html

Nica
09-16-2007, 12:39 AM
Remember that black RSX that I detailed? Well that vheicle had the 3M on the hood and at first I was going to skip the 3M area but it was completely covered in swirls so I gave it a go with Menzerna 85RD3.02 and Metabo. Now I only gave it a quick pass at regular 1500rpm. When I say quick I mean it, I didn't want to lower the rpm so I went quick. Now don't go thinking it was super quick just a little faster then on a regular paint. Now I didn't get it 100% perfect but I would say more like 60 to 70% better. I would be very cautious on the 3M/clear bra as to much heat could damage it. But other then that, I polished it just like regular paint...oh you can lower the rpm too to say about 700 or 900 rpm and perhaps then you can do a regular pass.

Well just my $0.02 but again just be cautious with it as I'm assuming to much heat would damage it.

Gary Sword
09-16-2007, 06:36 AM
I have never tried getting swirls out of a clear bra. I would have to agree with Nica about proceding with caution. It seems like it would be easy to damage it especially with a rotary.

A1monky
09-16-2007, 07:12 AM
I have a clear bra, and I have polished it. Use a PC. NOT a rotary! Tape off everything very well. And use a finishing polish. If you go the menz route dont use one that is made for harder clear. I used FP w/ a white pad. It got everything out. The 3m film is sprayed with clear coat. I dont know how much, I am assuming that it is less than the rest of your car has. I would also recommend using a 4in pad for better control.

Thejoyofdriving
09-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Some of the cars I have worked with so far including the Saleen S7, Masertai GS, and Ferrari 360 Spider all had "clear armor" (or clear bra what ever you want to call it) all over them. And I used exactly the same product/procedure as I did on the paint. The only thing that I had a problem with was getting the polish out of the edge of the clear armor. If you dont get it out it leaves a white line on the paint.