PDA

View Full Version : What sample did I get?

Souldetailer
08-15-2015, 11:45 AM
Received a Wolfgang sample with a previous order. It is marked as Black Diamond tire gel. It is not. It's a milky, watery product that smells like vanilla or coconut. Applied some to a sponge applicator and is beaded atop it. What do you think I have?:buffing:

Peace,

Darrin

Bunky
08-15-2015, 07:06 PM
Received a Wolfgang sample with a previous order. It is marked as Black Diamond tire gel. It is not. It's a milky, watery product that smells like vanilla or coconut. Applied some to a sponge applicator and is beaded atop it. What do you think I have?:buffing:

Peace,

Darrin

My sample of the Black Diamond Gel is similar (milky but will separate over time, coconut scent) like yours and it works well for me. It is a wetter dressing - coats difficult rubber (like my Michelin LTX).

Corey@OptimalDetailing
08-15-2015, 07:42 PM
It is the Diamond Tire Gel. Mine always had a coconut-y scent and was tan/milky in appearance. Only coconut scented product that I've seen through Wolfgang.

Souldetailer
08-15-2015, 09:27 PM
Interesting. I don't doubt you guys, just the water like texture threw me. The description here at AG definitely describes it as a gel. I did all four tires before I read the description on AG's site. And yes, the tires look damn good. I was gonna leave it on there whatever it was. I figered it couldn't hurt the rubber, right? I am glad to find out that the sample is properly labeled and I do have Black Diamond Tire "Gel" on my tires. They do look pretty awesome, nice and dark with a satin like finish. I'll do the wife's car tomorrow. Thanks for the help guys. Take care.

Peace,

Darrin