PDA

View Full Version : washing in the rain

Pages : [1] 2 3

k20z3kid
09-15-2007, 07:03 PM
i know i know it may sound crazy, but i was thinking... is there any real issue to washing a car in the rain?? the only downfall i could see is that you would get soaked but i dont see that as a particularly bad thing. plus it seems like it would be a good way to keep surfaces of the car wet while washing and then if you have a garage you can pull the car in the garage to dry it. lol ive personally never tried this but has anyone else tried the same?

02CAMSS
09-15-2007, 07:09 PM
:eek:

trl2112
09-15-2007, 07:22 PM
I have done it for years. My wife and probally neighbors think I am nuts!

Reddwarf
09-15-2007, 07:31 PM
I heard that Gene Kelly did it often. Yuk, yuk. You young kids won't get that joke I bet.

ScottB
09-15-2007, 07:51 PM
I wouldnt necessarily start washing in rain, but been known to finish while raining.

Gary Sword
09-15-2007, 08:22 PM
I don't mind washing a car in a lite rain. Drying it off can be a problem. If you can pull it in the garage and dry it off it works out well. I would rather wash a car in a lite rain then a very hot direct sunlight.

Ryan
09-15-2007, 09:50 PM
I Have done it many times.... Its only when you use a leaf blower to dry before using the guzzler that people think your nuts. Just wave when they look at you!

Gary Sword
09-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Have done it many times.... Its only when you use a leaf blower before the guzzler that people think your strange.

My neighbors are all use to that. I even have some of them doing it now.

BlackCoupe
09-15-2007, 10:39 PM
I Have done it many times.... Its only when you use a leaf blower to dry before using the guzzler that people think your nuts. Just wave when they look at you!

And if its an electric leaf blower, you are pretty brave.

Ryan
09-15-2007, 10:51 PM
And if its an electric leaf blower, you are pretty brave.

Not that brave...In a garage when done washing, not out in the rain

Flip
09-21-2011, 04:53 PM
I know this thread just turned 4 years old!

Glad to know I can wash in the rain so I can sleep tonight knowing my car is clean.

Mike Phillips
09-21-2011, 05:13 PM
When you live in Oregon... kind of hard not to have to wash your car in the rain at some point...

:D

ScottZ
09-21-2011, 05:14 PM
Funny this popped up as I did this today! I washed in the rain and then pulled it in the garage to be dried and then sealant!

FussMan
09-21-2011, 05:42 PM
wow...the responces of this forum never cease to amaze me. Anyways, have you even seen rainwater collect in a clean container? Lots of "stuff" floating in it; I wouldnt want to be rubbing that all over the car

Fussman

Mike Phillips
09-21-2011, 06:24 PM
wow...the responses of this forum never cease to amaze me.

Anyways, have you even seen rainwater collect in a clean container? Lots of "stuff" floating in it; I wouldn't want to be rubbing that all over the car

Fussman

Well in Oregon... it rained enough to kind of rinse the air so to speak... :laughing:

Besides that, I'm kind of a clean car guy and my Milk Truck wouldn't ever fit into the garage to get it out of the weather...

Washing Cars Inside of Your Garage (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/35509-washing-cars-inside-your-garage.html)

http://www.showcargarage.com/gallery/files/1/MilkTruckFrontView1.jpg

So often times I washed her in the rain! Right there where you see my one of the nicest 1959 Cadillacs I've ever owned parked and my best friend's 1956 Ford Thunderbird...

http://www.showcargarage.com/gallery/files/1/CaddyAndTbird.jpg

I actually like washing the Milk Truck, it was relaxing, rain or shine...

:props: