PDA

View Full Version : Black Challenger - streaking after drying

Pages : [1] 2

Salmonbum
08-14-2015, 04:01 PM
So I am up on my boat for the week and am limited in tools to wash my new scat pack. At home I have the CR Spotless system and air so no drying issues. But for now I'm having Hella time getting car to dry streak free. What I'm doing is buying a gallon of distilled water and mixing half Oz of ONR. I will goto quarter wash and spray off car 1st (plus I'm in the shade in bay) even though car is not really dirty. With the spot free rinse and my wax the water rolls off.now I do the entire car with the usual MF soaked in ONR. I do the entire car then I ring out some new rags soaked in ONR to almost dry to dry the car. I have tried that alone, with a ONR detail spray and that MF, Ammo hydrate and damp MF and followed with dry MF slowly for the final wipe. It will look good until I back out of bay and get in sun and it's all streaked out, no matter what method I use. Only way I got it streak free is UQD on a dry MF, then buff with dry side. I was thinking maybe the wax on car is causing issue, which is #26?

TFTADetail
08-15-2015, 05:20 PM
I've never experienced a problem like this when using the ONR. The one thing that "could" cause this is the fact that ONR leaves some sort of a paint protection/light wax finish behind. (This why I don't use ONR if I don't have to.)
This may not like whatever you currently have on the finish.

What you could do (this seems to help quite a bit) is mix the ONR in spray bottle. Spritz each panel at a time and then wipe it down. If the car isn't more than tad more past dusty then you'll be alright. I've never experienced any scratches or anything and I have used this process on my wife's black Cadillac as well as my SRT Challenger (2011 Toxic Orange).

This way you're limiting the amount of product you're applying.
Also, I don't use distilled water when using the ONR and have never had any poor results in doing so.
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk46/mnkybiznes/6072159182_f2e700acd4_zpsf4ff53e6.jpg

Mike lambert
08-15-2015, 05:43 PM
You are using a whole bunch of different products

Mike lambert
08-15-2015, 05:46 PM
Ammo hydrate should be just sprayed on a towel and then just come behind it with ammo spit and the car will look great. As far as the no rinse was, try meguiars express wash. It is body shop safe so you have just a wash

fly07sti
08-15-2015, 06:03 PM
Ammo hydrate should be just sprayed on a towel and then just come behind it with ammo spit and the car will look great. As far as the no rinse was, try meguiars express wash. It is body shop safe so you have just a wash

+1 on Meg's D114 & D115. Both are amazing products.

Salmonbum
08-15-2015, 06:11 PM
Ok. Thanks guys. I will be back home tomorrow so no more drying.... cr spotless is pretty cool.

LSNAutoDetailing
08-15-2015, 07:32 PM
+2 on Meg's D114. It's magical.

frankprozzoly
08-15-2015, 09:08 PM
Ok. Thanks guys. I will be back home tomorrow so no more drying.... cr spotless is pretty cool.

I end up with tiny white rings with my cr spotless. Nothing crazy but i see them. The car is silver so they only show on the windows.

AnthonyGXP
08-15-2015, 09:22 PM
I use Ammo Hydrate as well, and find if the car isn't wet enough the Hydrate will not dissipate into the pores of the paint and have to follow with dry towel for final wipe. I too also use Hydrate along side ONR or UWW+.

Salmonbum
08-16-2015, 09:14 AM
Question. .. does the D114 strip the wax that is on the car?

Mask
08-16-2015, 09:26 AM
1:128 & 1:256 ratio will be fine :)

af90
08-16-2015, 09:27 AM
Question. .. does the D114 strip the wax that is on the car?Depends on the dilution, at the standard 1:128 no.

Are you using the appropriate dilution ratio with ONR and not just estimating? ONR depending on the environment especially if you double or triple it can lead to streaking.

Salmonbum
08-16-2015, 10:51 AM
Are you using the appropriate dilution ratio with ONR and not just estimating? ONR depending on the environment especially if you double or triple it can lead to streaking.

I'm being pretty accurate. I buy one gallon of distilled water and have a 2 Oz bottle of ONR when on vacation. I put about half Oz in one gallon.

One thing I was doing is washing the entire car then wiping dry, when maybe I should do a panel at a time.

Mike lambert
08-16-2015, 01:35 PM
No if diluted as directed

Rsurfer
08-16-2015, 02:30 PM
I'm being pretty accurate. I buy one gallon of distilled water and have a 2 Oz bottle of ONR when on vacation. I put about half Oz in one gallon.

One thing I was doing is washing the entire car then wiping dry, when maybe I should do a panel at a time.

That will probably do the trick.:props: